Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rocky Mountain 3 Gun

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have anything to do with the match this year! Neither do Eric Miller, Jimmie Holdsworth or Mike Fields. We all had WAY too much other stuff to do, Like go shoot in Greece at the Euro shotgun championships. The only reason I bring this up is that we ( the people mentioned above) can't answer any of the many questions we get all the time for this match. Sorry, I wish I could be of more help, but I can't. Please contact Blane West, Steve Hulet, Guy and Garrett Hawkins, they are listed on the RM3G web sight. Thanks KURT MILLER

I don't have anything to do with the match this year! Neither do Eric Miller, Jimmie Holdsworth or Mike Fields. We all had WAY too much other stuff to do, Like go shoot in Greece at the Euro shotgun championships. The only reason I bring this up is that we ( the people mentioned above) can't answer any of the many questions we get all the time for this match. Sorry, I wish I could be of more help, but I can't. Please contact Blane West, Steve Hulet, Guy and Garrett Hawkins, they are listed on the RM3G web sight. Thanks KURT MILLER

Kurt,

Please amend your post so it will provide the correct information for the shooters. Steve Hulet is the only contact listed on the website and previously in this thread folks have provided his correct email address: shulet@hwacpas.com .

Guy Hawkins

Edited by gl

Sorry Guy! I had been misinformed, see, I told you I don't know about this years match and this proves it. OK shooters please contact Steve Hulet...NOT GUY OR GARRETT!! Sorry guys!!

More news:

as of right now the '05 rules are in effect. Rules WILL NOT change for this year, including the discussion about carrying your pistol on all stages. So business as usual on that. You can carry your pistol as much as you want, as long as it is empty on stages that don't require pistol AND between stages. Competitors are not allowed to carry hot on the Whittington Center. ROs will carry hot as usual for snakes and whiners. :o Last year the rule about shotgun barrel length in tactical was "ignored" as well as the mag tube length, as long as tactical shooters start with a max of 9 rounds. I suspect this will be the case again this year, MTF...

ROs are needed (real jobs and military service are getting in the way, What's up with that?), if you are interested contact Steve Hulet,

shulet@hwacpas.com

The last few years, there has been excellent food for the RO's. :D You also get a room and can shoot most of the match on Wednesday. Also, you get to park near your stage, (a big plus) and get to walk the prize table in your finishing order.

Blane tells me the match is full, but there is nobody on the waiting list, so if you are interested in shooting the match, get your app in now! (there MAY be 2-3 open slots...) :ph34r:

I'll post more as soon as its available...

jj

• 3 weeks later...

According to the rules (see RM3G.com), thigh holsters are not restricted. Unusual holsters (cross draw, etc) are at the call of the MD.

Also according to the rules, slugs and shot are to be LEAD only. To me that means no jacketed or solid copper slugs, or steel shot.

Working up a approximate round count, but preliminary guess is around 100-150 rounds of each. Best to plan on maybe one stage of mostly slugs as well, just to be safe. Stages will run the gammet; short and long range rifle, standard pistol stuff, as well as shotgun, but expect the usual Rocky Mountain 3Gun flair in stage difficulty! :wacko:

jj

here's some more info;

official rule change:

6.8.2 should read; Barrel length and/or magazine tube length may not be changed for the duration of the match.

6.8.3 is completly deleted.

for full rules, see rm3g.com.

going to Raton this next weekend to finalize stuff with the range, and work out the details on stages.

And all the rumors that the match was off, etc, are all greatly exagerated... :ph34r:

jj

here's some more info;

official rule change:

6.8.2 should read; Barrel length and/or magazine tube length may not be changed for the duration of the match.

6.8.3 is completly deleted.

for full rules, see rm3g.com.

going to Raton this next weekend to finalize stuff with the range, and work out the details on stages.

And all the rumors that the match was off, etc, are all greatly exagerated... :ph34r:

jj

So.. does this mean I can have a 24" barrel and a 10rd mag tube? on my tactical shotgun?

I think this means I can have as many in the gun as I want at the start. :):)

I think they forgot to replace 6.8.3 with "no more than 9 rds loaded in the gun at the start of a stage."

But if they didn't.. I will need to look for a longer mag extension.

Scott

Scott,

You need to READ the rules. 6.8.9. says Tactical cannot start with more than 9 total loaded in the shotgun... :blink:

All that was done was remove the old SOF stuff about barrel and mag tube length restrictions. 14 round tube in Tactical? Sure, but you can only start with 9. ;)

jj

Is there a match schedule yet, can anybody recommend lodging?

I'm staying in the shooters dorms on site at the Whittington Center. Cheap rooms. Just gotta bring your own towels and toiletries but very cheap.

Is there a match schedule yet, can anybody recommend lodging?

Under FAQ's on RMg-3un website (RM3G.com) there are phone numbers for the NRA Whittington Center. They also give some numbers for the Chamber of Commerce in Raton for hotel rooms there. It's about 15 minutes to the range if you stay in Raton! The Whittington Center is really nice if you can get a room in competitor housing, and they have a large campground with hookups and showers. Trinidad Colorado is about 45 minutes away, and there are hotels there too.

As far as registration...it starts at noon Wednesday. You will be able to sign in and get your match book and stuff then.

The Shooter's meeting is scheduled for 7:00am Thursday. This may be moved later just a tad, but that's straight from the Match Director's mouth as of this afternoon!

Blane's finalizing the stages this weekend. They sound really cool so far! Bring enough slugs for a full slug stage...

there are other out of date things on the FAQs besides the slug count, if you have a question, leave a post here. I would still plan on around 150 rifle, 100 shotgun (plus slugs), and 150 pistol rounds.

See ya'll there, :D

jj

Best Westrn Sands in Raton isn't a bad motel. There's 5-6 more listed on Expedia.com. None of them are very expensive. There's a couple of good restaurants in Raton (in addition to the usual fast-food faire) as well. You just have to get there before they close.

We have reservations at the Budget Host in Raton. Its on the north end of town and is kind of a smaller hotel, nothing fancy. However they were very friendly to shooters last year and totally accomodating. Not to mention it was quiet and clean.