Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flat safety on sp01 shadow

Lock-n-load

Put a flat safety on my spo1 shadow from Cajun gunworks that I got a while back and I like the grip better than the extended safety .how many of you have switched to flat safety’s like on the shadow 2? I definitely shoot them better with the flat safety’s.

I've been running flat safeties since I first saw them at the Extreme Euro in Czech in 2010. Back then they were still sold for the Rami, and not really marketed at the Shadow, but a few of the Euro team guys had em and gave me some. When I got first set of 2s they still came with both sets of safeties, so I swapped in the flat immediately. I hate the CZ style of oversized safety as I have a very high grip and end up jamming against the left side one with my support hand. Same with the standard slide catch, I run a flat there too. 

6 hours ago, lamelogin said:

Where can I find one of these flat / thin safeties for SP01 Shadow?

I checked all the places that come to my mind quickly:  CGW, CZC, Patriot, BenStoeger

Can I just get a RAMI safety and have it fitted?  https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/645280

They have been out of stock for along time… get on the list at any of those sites and czusa also. 

Can I just cut (dremel) or grid down the left side safety on a S2 and S1 to make it look like the picture of the cz75 clone below?  (ignore the slide safety).  I would not modify the right side at all.

Why:  The safety on a S1 is so huge..  I started with a Glock, so I would prefer a safety delete

image.png.4aeff3fb2d10c1e1e0bfe8a4fa0278d0.png

• 10 months later...

I use flat safeties on the Shadows too.  Would probably use the wide ones if the placement was closer to a 2011, but as it is, they slightly interfere with my support hand on the CZ's.

I have tried all three style of shadow one safeties; the extended, the SP01 and the flats. I currently have the SP01 (mediums) on all my comp guns. My strong thumb does like to rest on top of it.

I did add Dsperman extra power safety springs to make sure I don't engage the safeties with my weak hand during recoil or switching to weak hand only grip.

If you guys are looking to replace your current safeties make sure you know what style you have, either D-Style or Tumbler. They have different sear cages, and detents. If you look at your right side safety and see the "D" looking post that attaches to the right side safety then you have D style. Example:

Screenshot_20240214_145625_Chrome.jpg.0851d232d90eb1e63f1a791e4ed9880f.jpg