Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fallon IRC Cancelled

ICORE is still a great organization and will continue to be. I am sure the IRC will still happen this year and will be a great match. 
It is unfortunate that Mr Carmichael feels the way he does and with the letter he put out only shows one side of the story. 
I look forward to attending this year’s IRC wherever it ends up and maybe as in the past a member meeting should be held the evening prior to the match and grievances can be brought up at that time. 
I support the ICORE board’s decision 100%. 

Dean Gomez

LKS16

Past ICORE Board Member 

9 hours ago, revoman said:

ICORE is still a great organization and will continue to be. I am sure the IRC will still happen this year and will be a great match. 
It is unfortunate that Mr Carmichael feels the way he does and with the letter he put out only shows one side of the story. 
I look forward to attending this year’s IRC wherever it ends up and maybe as in the past a member meeting should be held the evening prior to the match and grievances can be brought up at that time. 
I support the ICORE board’s decision 100%. 

Dean Gomez

LKS16

Past ICORE Board Member 

Whats the other side?  This is all very new news but the board should say something, otherwise one side is what the truth is.  Is this seriously a 'someone doesnt like someone' personality issue?

Ultimately another match, and I see as of this morning nathan is looking to make it a series, is a good thing, more opportunities to shoot, but the situation around the irc is very unfortunate.

16 hours ago, mchapman said:

It seems to never end.

Apparently.  But we are already looking at tickets to Fallon.  SF seems the best bet.

If one actually reads the letter it’s apparent Nathan was not offered any dialog with the BOD, nor was he given a reason for the decision. With no fair discussion extended, there is no other side to the story, just a power differential that presents like bullying.

I’m very disappointed as like he states, ICORE seems to be east coast or Arizona centric. This was going to be for me a chance to go to an IRC within driving distance. North of the California border are only two clubs and we don’t have matches in the same month in order not to cannibalize each other’s attendance.

To all the Revolver Shooters out there,

There is always another side to the story and my side has not been fully published nor will it ever be because I am not trying to make anyone or two persons look bad.  I am not asking anyone to choose sides, nor would I.  I am first a competitor and second a match director.  I do like ICORE and would love to see the organization continue.  ICORE gives me and other revolvers shooters somewhere to go for local and major matches.  People will believe and do what they feel is best for themselves.  Please continue to support ICORE and any other shooting organization you like.  God knows we need to support each other and shooting sports in the direction the United States of America is heading. 

Sincerely,

Nathan Carmichael

31 minutes ago, BMC-NV said:

ysrracer - maybe 12 stages but I can promise there won’t be any walls to climb! 😂

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in !!

--Michael Corleone

Nathan, thank you for the above comment.  We all want our shooting organizations to succeed.  Without them, we will all lose the hobby we love.  Like you, I have been an ICORE member for decades and love the organization and the discipline.  There is always room for improvement, but it is refreshing to have an organization with a 20 page rule book (vs USPSA’s 121 pages or even IDPA’s 38 pages). I look forward to shooting all revolver matches and will see you in Morro Bay and hopefully see you at the new venue for IRC.

18 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

this is on facebook as well. Doesnt really say anything..  No mention of "Why" 

I am not sure what you are looking for in an explanation but Annette covered the why pretty good. By the way have you or are you a member of ICORE.

Dean Gomez

🏻🇺🇸

ICORE LKS16

On 3/12/2023 at 8:31 PM, ysrracer said:

12 Stages? Count me out :)

6 minutes ago, ysrracer said:

Doesn't really matter, Fallon will hold a match, and the IRC will go back east.

Does it really matter to you as you stated earlier that you were out of the new WRC match. I remember IRC’s in Colorado, Reno, Mesquite, Louisiana and then for a while strictly at Hogue Action Pistol Range in California and then in Florida. I remember that one was going to be held in Columbia MO but had to be cancelled. Would have been nice as it would have been a 2 hour drive for me. Would I like to see a match go back west or come back to the central US, yes but if it doesn’t I will try to go where it is at. I will shoot and enjoy and look forward to the next year. Remember any club can put in to host but there are guidelines and rules that need to be followed set forth by ICORE. 

22 minutes ago, radny97 said:

Are we threatening to remove membership for the non-believers now? Nothing will kill an organization faster than that. 

Where did you come up with that idea and who is threatening anything. 

2 hours ago, Joe4d said:

this is on facebook as well. Doesnt really say anything..  No mention of "Why" 

Exactly.  The letter is not factual nor specific.  

As Nathan said, "There is always another side to the story and my side has not been fully published ..."  

This situation has an extremely foul odor to it.  I have known and shot with Nathan and the RM in question for 20 years.  Both are stand up guys of superb character, morally and ethically, and both know the ICORE rules inside and out.  The guy in question has performed as RM at three regionals and one IRC.  He has made our monthly matches happen for many years.  He has done a lot for ICORE.  No problems.   

To blindly accept that Aysen letter is not acceptable.

The ICORE board at least owes him an explanation/apology, if not the entire ICORE membership.  

Without an adequate reason as to why the RM isn't acceptable I'm leaning more and more it's a personal beef.  If I'm wrong then why the dance around it? 

Is he unsafe? 

Does he alter scores for his friends? 

Or did he like others rub certain member/s of the ICORE board the wrong way?

2 hours ago, MikeyScuba said:

Without an adequate reason as to why the RM isn't acceptable I'm leaning more and more it's a personal beef.  If I'm wrong then why the dance around it? 

Is he unsafe? 

Does he alter scores for his friends? 

Or did he like others rub certain member/s of the ICORE board the wrong way?

Well said.  

Unsafe?  NO.

Alter scores?  NO.

Rub certain member/s of ICORE board the wrong way?  Apparently.  

I have read Annettes' letter a dozen times and it is mostly clear and concise with the major exception of the main issue which comes down to:  The qualifications of the potential Range Master.  The Board states they feel he is incapable of running an IRC in a "competent and fair manner" in spite of running a previous IRC, several Regional matches and more monthly matches than I can count.  He has proven he is capable; and if not, where are the offers of training and instruction that should have come from his accusers?  If there's a problem, bring it to his attention.  At the February match the Boards' issue with him was mentioned at the shooters meeting.  He had no idea what the problem was and was shaking his head in frustration!  Is this how they reward his efforts?  Does anyone seriously think he will continue contributing in the way he has in the past?

I attended my first IRC in 1998.  Even that long ago somebody there mentioned that ICORE was what USPSA used to be like;  I hope we're not going down the same path.