Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Target Sports USA has Federal Small Pistol Primers in stock !!

ysrracer

1 hour ago, ysrracer said:

Yeah, works out to about $100 a thousand. I bought 10.

It's insanity, but at least I can shoot for a while now.

Yes last year I didn't hesitate to get f100s at 125 a thousand, all costs included.  Had the same reason and don't regret it.  Still have 15000 f100, 8000 f150 and 9000 mixed spp.  So I am good for this year and hope the prices get even lower by the end of the year.

28 minutes ago, testosterone said:

This is a good sign, there were 91 cases yesterday when I posted, almost 24 hours later.

Even a few months ago, those would have been gone within an hour...

Agreed, maybe the stupidity is coming to an end?

On 3/2/2023 at 3:15 PM, ysrracer said:

Agreed, maybe the stupidity is coming to an end?

YR:

Got a feeling two things happened.  First the market got inundated with primers from overseas which probably took a lot of pressure off the supply of Federals.  And second, I think a lot of people just got sick of the whole thing so stopped the panic buying.

I just ordered another 5K of them from TS and I see that they have had them in stock for a number of days.  That means the demand is going down and I imaging the price will drop within a couple of months.  

GG

33 minutes ago, gargoil66 said:

YR:

I just ordered another 5K of them from TS and I see that they have had them in stock for a number of days.  That means the demand is going down and I imaging the price will drop within a couple of months.  

GG

Still not sold out 4 days later is a good sign.   

I think maybe the overseas stuff is helping too, a friend sent link to a site the was 69 per 1k this week.

Either demand is going down or some are finally waking up and deciding to save their money for other things…….Like food, gas and utilities. Those have gone up and won’t really come down much. I’m dreading having to fill my fuel tanks this spring. 

Guys:

Fact is that the market got inundated with small pistol primers from overseas, dramatically lowering demand.

Not everyone 'must have' Federal 100's so a lot of shooters are going to the cheaper primers and now you see cases of Federal 100's still in stock a week or ten days after they were put on the market.

Their price will go down in bits and pieces.

GG