Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Turning off red dot

MHicks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/23/2023 at 5:53 PM, shred said:

You can always tell old Slide Ride C-more shooters because they're always checking they turned the dot off... even if they're shooting Limited at the time :D

SROs and Romeo3's I just leave on.

100% True. My open gun uses the C-more, the rest are SRO's. That C-more battery life sucks!   Just switched to 2 A76 batteries on the C-more though, MUCH Brighter than a single 1/3N battery.

On 5/16/2023 at 2:19 PM, Npoulson said:

I turn mine on at safe table then off at safe table at the end of the match. I dont know of anyone that leaves theirs on. Most turn them off after every stage

i got burned turning mine off every single stage. had a rushed make ready and my dot was off. now i leave it on the entire match and turn it off when loading the gun up like you

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's bonkers to turn it off every stage, these things last tens of thousands of hours. Talk about being miserly lol. I think the decision to turn it off or not should be informed by how much you use it. If you're not gonna use the pistol or dry fire for a few weeks, turn it off. If you're dry firing every other day it makes little sense to turn it off, just keep a spare battery in your range bag. It's very unlikely the battery will die during a match if you leave the dot on all the time, it'll more likely die while the gun is in the safe.

On 9/12/2023 at 5:01 PM, flyinverted said:

100% True. My open gun uses the C-more, the rest are SRO's. That C-more battery life sucks!   Just switched to 2 A76 batteries on the C-more though, MUCH Brighter than a single 1/3N battery.

So the 2 A76 batteries don’t damage the sight? Might be something to try, I’ve got Sliderides on ALL my guns, Open, Revo and PCC.  

Edited by MikeyScuba

2 A76s' work fine.  They're 1.5v ea.  1/3N's are 3V.  A76s are a lot easier to find in a pinch too, just don't get the zinc-air hearing aid ones...they will fade out partway through the stage as the air in the battery compartment gets consumed.

• 1 month later...

I turn my dot off in between stages but I also get yelled at by my teammate for it :P

I think my old dot (cmore) maybe didnt have as good a battery life and if i left it on during matches it would die within a few months (around 3 matches a week at the time) but the sigs might last longer. He says he can go a year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...