Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Akai still in business?

sandflea316

Back when I had one of his guns the only way I could communicate with him was his personal facebook page https://www.facebook.com/shay.akai.

FYI - I had HORRIBLE experience with him and his gun. He was a jerk most of the time, communication was very iffy, sometimes I would get a response in 15 minutes but most of the time it was days or weeks.  I ended up having another gunsmith fix his gun. I would highly recommend not going with him.  I ended up going with Venom and it has been a great experience. Don even gave me his cell phone if I ran into problems at a match. 

2 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

I’d love you see gun guys get off Facebook. 
I bet more than half of potential customers aren’t on Facebook. 

I think you would be surprised. Just about everyone on this forum that I talk to on a regular basis is also on Facebook. I was shocked myself.

I don't do social media period.  Sad to hear that they can't answer their phone or respond to emails. I get it that social media can open up more source of potential revenue.  Oh well, other builders are out there willing to take my money

• 5 months later...

I messaged him directly on FB messenger and he answered within minutes every time. Solid customer service. I will send my open gun in after I move to get service/checkup/maintenance after 2k rounds already. No issues after I found the right load and kept her oiled and clean. 

• 8 months later...