Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aeonic Arms Steel Glock Frame?

FF112173

3 hours ago, Slow250 said:

Looks interesting, why not just put a slide on and sell the pistol though? If it's intended use is competition it's unfortunate it won't be allowed in production or CO.

I would be interested in probably buying 1 if I knew they was available or how to get a hold of the company

3 hours ago, Slow250 said:

Looks interesting, why not just put a slide on and sell the pistol though? If it's intended use is competition it's unfortunate it won't be allowed in production or CO.

I'm sure this will be a possibility at some point. They have images on their Instagram with their own branded slide.

Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 6.45.03 PM.png

3 hours ago, bulldog009 said:

Why is the beavertail so low on the grip? A big part of the Glock appeal is the low bore axis, and that beavertail all but negates it. It moves the pivot point down a good 1/4"+ 

🤷🏼‍♂️ With all that metal back there in sure it can be massaged to fit how you would like it. 

Unfortunately it isn’t the first Glock-compatible steel frame.  Look up CCF Raceframes for a history of their effort.  While I know nothing about the specifics of this effort, CCF ran into a problem using steel.  Steel doesn’t flex like polymer,.  When a Glock recoils, the frame apparently flexes which slows down the slide; the steel doesn’t.  CCF had to rig up various attempts at boosting the recoil spring setup, and never really got it right.

I have a CCF configured with standard Glock parts and I never cared for the feel of it.

Doesn’t mean these people can’t get it right, but it’s not as simple as just making a Glock frame in steel.

1 hour ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Unfortunately it isn’t the first Glock-compatible steel frame.  Look up CCF Raceframes for a history of their effort.  While I know nothing about the specifics of this effort, CCF ran into a problem using steel.  Steel doesn’t flex like polymer,.  When a Glock recoils, the frame apparently flexes which slows down the slide; the steel doesn’t.  CCF had to rig up various attempts at boosting the recoil spring setup, and never really got it right.

I have a CCF configured with standard Glock parts and I never cared for the feel of it.

Doesn’t mean these people can’t get it right, but it’s not as simple as just making a Glock frame in steel.

Certainly not saying you’re wrong, I’m just saying that they are putting in a pretty strong effort 🤷🏼‍♂️

On 12/27/2022 at 3:42 PM, bulldog009 said:

Why is the beavertail so low on the grip? A big part of the Glock appeal is the low bore axis, and that beavertail all but negates it. It moves the pivot point down a good 1/4"+ 

👍

• 1 month later...

I know this a old post, but many years ago, I tried one of the CCF frames. Great idea but it would not run. I agree with the flex. I hope this works out, I do like the idea of a heavy Glock, especially if it will run.

I highly doubt flex was the reason the gun ran reliably. This all sounds like hearsay. Id like to see some evidence to back these claims up. I mean does zev oz9 flex? No because it’s in a steel chassis. Sure the grip is polymer on that gun but it has nothing to do with how the gun works because of the way the trigger housing is designed. 

5 hours ago, Twilk73 said:

I highly doubt flex was the reason the gun ran reliably. This all sounds like hearsay. Id like to see some evidence to back these claims up. I mean does zev oz9 flex? No because it’s in a steel chassis. Sure the grip is polymer on that gun but it has nothing to do with how the gun works because of the way the trigger housing is designed. 

Just repeating what the owner of CCF said to me...

I ran a stainless ccf frame on my Glock 35 for a few years. It was about 45 oz and transitioned like a brick but recoil was very mild. Loved it until the locking block broke loose from the lower despite the recommended recoil spring buffers. Would a flexing frame have prevented that? 

34 minutes ago, Mustang684 said:

I ran a stainless ccf frame on my Glock 35 for a few years. It was about 45 oz and transitioned like a brick but recoil was very mild. Loved it until the locking block broke loose from the lower despite the recommended recoil spring buffers. Would a flexing frame have prevented that? 

I'm no authority here, but my guess is yes, the Glock wouldn't have had that issue.  First, CCF originally bonded the locking block to the frame, which eventually failed.  Second, the locking block was designed to be "tighter" than a Glock one, and I'm guessing creates more stress than the stock one.  FWIW, I had to send my first frame back for a replacement for this very reason.  I wish they had just stuck with the stock locking block rather than design one which was tighter and gave better accuracy.

You might try contacting CCF...

ETA:

If you’re going to run a CCF frame I’d recommend staying as close to the minor power factor minimum as possible.

Edited by LowSpeedHighDrag