Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCCs for 3Gun?

Jountz

UML and some other disciplines have a 2x4 division where you have the traditional 3 guns and a PCC and pick 2 of those 4 to use on any one stage. I really enjoy this style of multigun, but I don't think it is as popular as traditional 3 gun. A couple of the big Texas matches - Magpul Texas 3 Gun Championship and Big Tex Multigun both offer a division that allows a PCC option. 

My local matches are 50/50. One match does not allow PCC because of the range layout and construction, another does. As others have said, it is very dependent on the individual match. 

Not only the match, but maybe even the day.  At the simple local matches I go to some months they use the 200yd range, other days they do not and we might be at 80yds max.  I have been considering taking my 300BO just to shoot it more, and if I get there and the 200yd range is setup go with my normal (LPVO) rifle.

3 hours ago, 71Commander said:

I wouldn't want somebody dinking my steel with a 5.7 anyway.

We shot some 3/8 mild steel poppers once with a 5.7 to see what would happen, nothing did. I thought it might hurt the steel, but it just splashed on it like any other pistol round and that was out of a carbine