Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Member Of The Month

benos

3quartertime (James) suggested we revive Flexmoney's (instigated it initially but it kinda got lost in the shuffle) idea of recognizing a Member of the Month. It's a great idea, so let's do it.

Here's how it will work. Members please PM any Moderator/Admin with your nomination for the month. Please wait until after the 15th of each month to PM your nominations, then we'll have a couple weeks to review your suggestions and announce the winner.

Maybe one of the more gifted members could come up with a cool .gif that the MOTM can put in there signature. (Kind of like a "passing the trophy" thing.) Then we'll also change the Member's Title to reflect their contribution to the Forum.

Mods/Admin are specifically disallowed. :(

Thank you,

benos

How about we make the person "M.O.M." by assigning them a big red heart with an arrow through it, like the classic tatoo? :wub:

Siggy? Can you make that for us? ;)

Two things:

We're planning to start a permanent Subforum for MOM in the "Win a Book" Forum. It'll probably happen today...

The overwhelming winner for this month is Rikarin, both from the Admin/Mods, and the PM nominations. And although, after we started this and I told her it looked like she was the huge favorite and she said she would prefer to decline because she wanted to "remain in the shadows," I don't think, with this kind of response, we can let her out of it.

Right?

:D

be

I think it would be open revolt at this point if we didn't make Rika M.O.M. for December!!!

Suppose we could make it a short celebration if it bothered her too much.

"remain in the shadows"

Which shadows might those be? Not sure we've ever had a member explode on the scene so grandly. Judging from the posts of people that have met her I doubt that there is a big enough shadow to hold all that energy and enthusiasm.

Besides if we don't award her December's M.O.M. the ladies will likely blast the doors off the hen house and attack!!! Not sure we could recover from that...

:D:PB)

This is from 3quartertime (James):

December's Member of the Month is;

Rikarin

She is the essence of motivation. Lighting the fire for a ladies only forum that has provided an avenue for several ladies to join and contribute. We celebrate her tenacity and spirit through the process of change and learning. She is a wonderful example of the members we have and hope to recruit.

Thanks Rika. You Rock!!!

This is from 3quartertime (James):

December's Member of the Month is;

Rikarin

She is the essence of motivation. Lighting the fire for a ladies only forum that has provided an avenue for several ladies to join and contribute. We celebrate her tenacity and spirit through the process of change and learning. She is a wonderful example of the members we have and hope to recruit.

Thanks Rika. You Rock!!!

A fine and obvious choice!

Awww, I am in between rock and hard place! There's no way I can decline now. All I can do is graciously accept... on behalf of wonderful women in this forums.

I deserve a prise for asking Brian to make a salad bowl, because I wanted to have a salad, quite selfish reason. And what you guys tasting is the salad... not the bowl. Tomatoes and lettuces and such - that is wonderful women who are here - made the fresh, crisp tasty salad and they deserve the honor!!!

There is cancer survivor, There's women who is in active duty, who's teaching other women how to shoot, Who's helping abuse victims, robbery victims to be strong for herself. Who's promoting shooting sports tirelessly in pink. And Julie, Lisa and Kay, sharing their knowledge and time in abandon. So beautiful and wonderful, I just wanted to admire them "in the shadow"... :D :D

Forgive me if its getting like Oscar speech.... so much thanks to Brian. You are the awesomest! And Flexmoney. And all the people who cheered me in PM, support me openly, and so patient and understanding when I snap. And James for writing that up that made me cry. Goeff and XRe for a shoulders to cry on.... list goes on....

And most of all, the competitive shooting, which completely changed my life so much better. I'm humbly honored to be able to do something for this sprot.

Thank you all!!

and thanks BritinUSA for the graphics

Edited by Rikarin