Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jacket

McTrigger

I’m on the hunt for a waterproof windproof coat. However I’d really like to find one that is a bit longer to cover my belt, mags and gear. Seems everything is full length zipper though. Has anyone found a coat that flares out a bit and has a normal length zipper but is extended in length to about the thighs? 
what does everyone ware outside of a poncho for windy rainy days? 

On 10/23/2022 at 9:19 PM, Joe4d said:

Dont really get what you are asking about full length vs normal length zipper. Any coat I have seen has the normal zipper that goes the full length. 

ya bad explanation on my part. Most extra length coats are the same width right to the bottom. But this hangs up on your belt mags and holster. Or won’t fit over them when it’s done up. Obviously a regular jacket will settle above your gear or be too tight to get over it when it’s done up as well.  Atomic made a long coat with a regular length zipper. Then that bottom portion just lightly hangs over your rig while the zipper is done up. Keeps all your gear dry. No dust,snow or weather settles on it.  

sitka had a kodiak coat same idea. But both are no longer made and have limited sizes if you can find one. I need large. 

https://www.1shotgear.com/products/sitka-gear-kodiak-jacket-clearance-sale

https://www.atomic.com/en-ca/shop/product/rs-rain-coat-ap5109500.html#color=22762

pretty much need a tactical style  cowboy rain slicker with a hood. Running a extra large rain jacket I could cover my gear but it’s too bulky IMO

Perhaps I’m dreaming here but dang if you gotta compete in crappy weather this would be the “slickest”. no? 

Figured maybe some had the same idea or a product I’m not aware of. 

the weather in southern Alberta is as wild and unpredictable as a feral horse. 

• 1 month later...