Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited/Lim10/Rev Uspsa Nationals 2006

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know of any good car rental places around Barry or Quincy? The guy I'm driving in with is staying at the match hotel and I'm staying at the Icehouse, would like to have some wheels while I'm in town. Thanks in advance.

Barry is an exit on the freeway. I don't think there are any rentals there. You ought to be able to get something in Quincy...which is pretty good sized. Also, try Hannibal, MO...which is a bit closer.

Everybody driving in will be going right past the Ice House, as it is in between the exit and the range entrance. No doubt you'd get multiple offers for a ride in and out (either from your squad mates or anybody driving by that saw a shooting bag on your shoulder). Getting grub at night would be an issue. Others that are staying at the Ice House would have the same issue...so maybe somebody will speak up and offer to share their ride...

I would offer Rob but I don't know how you feel about motorcycles and I don't how I feel about two guys on a Harley, is it wrong :ph34r:

Tom

It's only wrong if you live outside San Francisco. Getting food at night was the principal issue for renting a car. I could probably walk to the range from the Icehouse.

I'm looking for a good club match to shoot on Sunday, September 10th that is somewhere along my route to Barry. I'll be driving north from Shreveport, LA. I usually take I-30 to Little Rock, I-40 to Memphis, then I-55 to St. Louis. But I could also head north through eastern Oklahoma or western Arkansas as far as Kansas City and then cut across Missouri to Quincy. Maybe something in northern Arkansas, northwest Oklahoma, eastern Kansas, western Tennesse, or just about anywhere in Missouri??? If you know of a decent club match anywhere in those areas please let me know.

Thanks,

Kay

Oil Capital, near Tulsa

Ive heard its decent.

http://www.tulsashooters.com/OCRGCHome.html

2nd sunday of the month

If you were to get to Tulsa on Saturday, you can double up and shoot red castle, another club then. There is a link to it on the above website.

edit: too bad I live near OK City; Im looking for someone to split driving costs to Barry.

Edited by mike cyrwus

I'm gonna be using the match ammo program. I bought a sample pack and will be zeroing at home using the samples. Not too sure about the consistency of the PD so I want to sight in at the match with the ammo I ordered.

First time going to Barry. What's the best way of confirming/adjusting my zero at the match?

Last year they had a practice area available at a separate part of the range away from the match area. It wasn't free-- $5 got you a couple mags' worth of shooting on each of three arrays, something like that-- but it was a good opportunity to readjust if you were switching from Production to L-10, for example, between the two parts of the back-to-back match. The money went to the junior program, I believe. That's probably your best option for checking your zero at the match, assuming they're offering that again.

I'm gonna be using the match ammo program. I bought a sample pack and will be zeroing at home using the samples. Not too sure about the consistency of the PD so I want to sight in at the match with the ammo I ordered.

First time going to Barry. What's the best way of confirming/adjusting my zero at the match?

You can usually ask at the chrono stage to sight in if they are not chronoing a sqaud.