9/13: Competition Begins

9/14, 9/15: All day competition

9/16: AM Competition

9/16: Awards/Prizes

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely half a day Wednesday 9/13 and half a day 9/16 kind of similar to the 2005 matches.....Ok by me, at least they are not all half day shooting.

For those lucky enough to be within 4 hrs drive time it looks like only 3 days off from work. :)

I noticed a limit of 375 shooters, hopefully it won't be 325 limited, 30 L-10 and 20 Revos (that is a challenge to you L-10 and wheelgunners to get signed up early!!!!!!) ;)

just a hint though......L-10 and Revolver division are under the microscope as they are the two lowest participated of the current 5 divisions. :angry:

See you Cats t there, (thankfully in September)

Hopalong

I'm definitely planning to be there, wheeling away with the revolver again this year!!

The Revolver division is still the smallest, but we have seen some meaningful growth over the last year--I have a strong feeling this will be the best-attended and hardest-fought Revolver Nationals yet! Hopefully we'll get some of those top-flight international IPSC revo guys in attendance, as well as lots of new wheelgunners from here in the States.

Looking forward to it!!

Mike

just a hint though......L-10 and Revolver division are under the microscope as they are the two lowest participated of the current 5 divisions. :angry: Hopalong

You know Hop...I was looking at Limited. And, even though I think you "source" might be causing more trouble than it's worth ;) , I do see some wisdom in going Limited-10...now that you mention it. :)

I should have earned a slot from how I shot this year for the 2006 Nationals, so I plan on being there shooting L-10 as alwways.

As a side note, L-10 is consistantly more popular at our local matches than either Open, Revolver, and about 50% of the time Production.

Maybe it is just our area.

TriggerTime,

Flex and I have discussed this several times, I agree with your observation that it is more of an Area thing, Here in the Southeast Open and Limited RULE, with L-10, P and R getting 1/3 to 1/2 of the state matches combined.

I made my statement from looking at the past Nationals (last 3 that I have been to), one was the Factory Nationals in 2003 which had a good showing of L-10 but that is to be expected.

I really hope to see L-10 and Revolver grow but don't see it happening until there is another "Factory" type Nationals.

Production seems to be doing pretty good, it has increased every year since its inception.

Oh well, we will see in September, and October.

To Kim and M. Voight.

Thanks for getting the dates up in a more timely manner.

Edit to add:

SG it would be great to have you run me through a stage again, would RB shoot and make you work?

Hopalong

Edited by hopalong

I'm not a fan of Barry...so I'm more than likely not going....now if it was in Bend...that would be another story..but you can't please everyone.

I might do the SSD match depending on when and where (even though I'm opposed to the SSD concept in general.....everyone already knows my view on that subject).

Go get 'em Sam!

i'll be there, workin per usual. ;)

tulsa too, for that matter. should be a little more laid back than last year, numberswise, at least. i don't think anyone was in love with the idea of 18+ in a squad.

sg, c'mon out an work it; you'll like it. besides, sep in barry is far preferable to july, unless we get storms like 2k1.

• 4 months later...

Time to bring this back up....

I'm sure it's way too late, but what is the name of the match hotel for this match? I'm thinkin go calling in the OFF chance they have a room available.

EDITED TO ADD THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

I found out the match hotel was Holiday Inn (Quincy, IL) the phone number is 1-800 HOLIDAY. The woman I talked to (April) said they have rooms available as of yesterday 4-21-06. They have a special discounted rate for USPSA shooters. FYI,,,, It is a nice place. I didn't stay there last year, but I saw the place and it was VERY nice.

Edited by TRP-Professional

So I've been looking all around. Where exactly is the wait list going to pop up so that I can get on it?

On USPSA's "Nationals" page at 12:00 midnight of April 30th. That would be 12:01 am May 1st. Many a shooter will be "burning the midnight oil" that night. Fire up the coffe pot and get ready to type fast!!!

Jeff

I'll be there shooting Lim 10.

Sent my application last week.

I expect 40 to 50 shooters in Lim10 division.

Last year Lim 10 drew 3 times that many when it didn't have to go head to head with limited.

When the two divisions run concurrently the L10 participation naturaly drops.

This year will probably be more like 2004.

This will be my third Nationals and I'm just as excited about this one as I was the first.

Always a great match and lots of fun stages.

Tls

So I've been looking all around. Where exactly is the wait list going to pop up so that I can get on it?

On USPSA's "Nationals" page at 12:00 midnight of April 30th. That would be 12:01 am May 1st. Many a shooter will be "burning the midnight oil" that night. Fire up the coffe pot and get ready to type fast!!!

Jeff

Actually, the wait list will be available in the member's area of the USPSA website, not the Nationals page. You'll need your PIN number or your personally configured password to access it. Please see this thread for complete details.

Thanks!

Kim

USPSA Nationals Slot Coordinator

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed that it looks like we will be shooting half days on Thursday and Friday and half of a half on Wednesday and Saturday?

I have to assume we'll be shooting on much smaller squads than last year. Looks like 45 minutes total time per squad! 375 match capacity would put 10-11 shooters on a squad. With 5 minute walk-through, 5 minutes to get to a stage and a couple minutes to read the WSB, there will be a maximum of 3 minutes to clear a stage per shooter.

Not much in the way of downtime while you are shooting, but at least you get some time to watch the rest of the shooters.

Jim

Hi guys,

I just returned from the Multi-Gun Nationals and will now begin working on the PASA match. Squadding is in process right now. I hope to have it finished and posted by the end of this week. I'll give you a holler when it's up for viewing.

Kim

I for one am glad to see the half-day squadding format. 8-10 shooters per squad is plenty to help paste targets, etc, so long as everyone helps out; any more just means more standing around. And I appreciate the chance to go and watch the competition when I'm not tackling stages myself. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my squad is scheduled in the other half day from the super squad... B)