Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fake Amazon calls

warpspeed

• 2 weeks later...

I have started answering. They waist my time I waist there's. They get really pissed. when you tell them to send what ever idem they're calling you about. Especially being I don't have an Amazon account.

The object of the game is to see how long you can keep them on the line. 

I love when they call during my drive home from work. For some reason the Amazon callers hang up faster than most, after asking my name. They must somehow be verifying the info as you tell it to them. 

12 hours ago, Cuz said:

The object of the game is to see how long you can keep them on the line. 

I love when they call during my drive home from work. For some reason the Amazon callers hang up faster than most, after asking my name. They must somehow be verifying the info as you tell it to them. 

I would tell them my name is Mike Hunt or similar.

Nolan

You guys got it all wrong. Think of it as a public service for the good of the Country. For every minute you can keep them on the line, that’s 2 elderly people you saved from getting swindled. 

On ANY call I get for solicitations (scams or legit) I string them along, right up to the point where I'm supposed to divulge whatever personal info they're after (credit card number, Social Security number, etc.). I then inquire, "Before we do that, can I ask a question?" Sure, they say.

So I ask in the creepiest voice I can, "What color panties are you wearing?"

The women get offended, bit the first time I asked a guy that he started yelling, "But I'm a MAN!" 

"That's OK, buddy. Be proud of who and what you are! C'mon out! It's dark in that closet."

They don't call back...