Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 320X5 Striker Spring

oddjob

I wanted to get an extra striker spring that is a tad heavier (getting some light strikes).  I'm seating the primer deeper as a cheap fix, but thought an extra spring or two wouldn't hurt.  Called Sig and they only sell the entire striker assembly.  The service gentleman I spoke to didn't know of any other vendor that would carry the spring.  Any ideas here?

thanks

Are you having light strikes with commercial ammo?  I would check this first.  This would be the first instance I have heard of over the last four years shooting P320s, and on forums of someone asking for an extra strength striker spring for the P320. 

First I think I would look into your striker assembly to make sure its assembled correctly.  I would also make sure your striker housing is clean and dry.  If any lube or cleaning residue is in there it will cause light strikes.  If you do not know already no lube on the striker assembly when reinstalling it.  

It is possible you have a bad striker spring or it is worn out one, so I would try a normal strength one before I spend a whole lot of time looking for a different one.  I also have never heard of one being marketed.  

All have been my loads.  They go off without a problem with my other 9's.  I did check the primers and they were seated at .007.  Its a new gun built in Oct 2021.  It has a trigger job by Robert Burke.  Ran good for about 200 rounds then the light strikes started.  About 8 or 10 out of 210 rounds (at a match).   Cleaned the striker & channel.  Ran good for about 120 rounds then I got one light strike yesterday.  I'm seating the primers at .010 now and will test fire again. 

Mr. Burke just emailed me.  I have two springs on the way.  Good customer service!! 

I too never heard of using anything other than the stock striker spring;  and Robert just finished my P320 MAX.  Don't recall any optional striker springs mentioned.

If you need some stock springs:

https://sigsauerparts.com/sig-sauer-p320-striker-spring/

Also check that your Striker Reset Spring is not missing and or mangled..............

https://sigsauerparts.com/sig-sauer-p320-striker-reset-spring/

Another good vendor:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/sig-sauer-p320/striker-springs.html

👍

3 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

I too never heard of using anything other than the stock striker spring;  and Robert just finished my P320 MAX.  Don't recall any optional striker springs mentioned.

If you need some stock springs:

https://sigsauerparts.com/sig-sauer-p320-striker-spring/

Also check that your Striker Reset Spring is not missing and or mangled..............

https://sigsauerparts.com/sig-sauer-p320-striker-reset-spring/

Another good vendor:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/sig-sauer-p320/striker-springs.html

👍

Do you know if the springs are the same for the x5 and regular p320. I read that the x5 has a different striker assembly but it wasn’t a reliable source so I’m taking it with a grain of salt. 

It I remember correctly I did replace my Legion X 5 striker spring with a standard P320 spring. The P320 spring was slightly longer 

and stiffer. At one time I tried using Wolf small rifle magnum primers and had several no fires. So I tried the P320 spring. Can't tell you what happened as it was several years ago and I believe I may have stopped using the Wolf primers after that. But I'm pretty sure there is a slight  difference.

If the Striker Spring is different for the X5 Legion, I'm having a tough time seeing it listed on any of the vendors websites.  One of the sites I use list the "striker assembly" as:

OEM Sig Sauer P320 Striker Assembly

Compatible with all P320 chambered in 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP and .357 SIG.

Part# 1300926-R

Striker Assembly Includes: 

• Striker Housing
  • Striker
  • Striker Spring Cup
  • Striker Safety Spring
  • Striker Safety
  • Striker Reset Spring
  • Striker Spring

https://sigsauerparts.com/sig-sauer-p320-striker-assembly/

Anyone able to show a site that lists different striker springs for the X5 Legion series vs other P320 varients?

Thank!

17 hours ago, WaltK said:

Check out " Sig Talk".  "Striker spring for the X 5 Legion". There is a difference.

That’s where I read it. 

sig doesn’t sell just a spring and my gun started light striking after less than 3k rounds. So now I have to buy an entire striker unit? Which are unobtainable…. 

1 hour ago, fireman1776 said:

That’s where I read it. 

sig doesn’t sell just a spring and my gun started light striking after less than 3k rounds. So now I have to buy an entire striker unit? Which are unobtainable…. 

Typical sig. Buy the whole assembly, magazine, whatever. Can't buy individual parts. 😕

Here's what I think. You buy just the striker spring which is for a standard P 320. You can get one from Midwest Gun Works(?). 

That's what I did. You install it in your Legion X 5 striker assembly. The P 320 spring is slightly longer and stiffer. Now I obviously

don't guarantee this will solve your problem but I did it for the extra oomph.

Edited by WaltK
grammar

Hope this answers the questions here.  I emailed Grayguns the following questions:  Is the striker spring for the 320X5 Legion and a regular 320 the same part?
If different do you carry the both springs?

Response;

Hi Ron,
They're the same part, but we don't keep those parts in stock. You'll need to try Sig, but, I don't believe they'll sell you just the spring, it'll probably need to be the complete striker assembly.

Thanks,
Chris

Hope this helps....

2 hours ago, oddjob said:

Hope this answers the questions here.  I emailed Grayguns the following questions:  Is the striker spring for the 320X5 Legion and a regular 320 the same part?
If different do you carry the both springs?

Response;

Hi Ron,
They're the same part, but we don't keep those parts in stock. You'll need to try Sig, but, I don't believe they'll sell you just the spring, it'll probably need to be the complete striker assembly.

Thanks,
Chris

Hope this helps....

👍

Update....  I increased the primer depth to .010 and no problems with light strikes at all today.  Shot about a 100 round match.  What confused me was the rounds would go off with my other competition 9mm handguns (Tanfo Stk II & Walther Q5 SF).  Anyways it seems all is well now. 

thanks again!!

Edited by oddjob