Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TRUGLO or Trijicon

ShootingPilot

I am new to sport shooting and have decided to purchase a Glock 35 for use in USPCA Limited division. The first modification I want to make to it is improving the standard Glock sights with something better. I think I have the selection narrowed down to either the  Trijicon HD XR Night Sight or TRUGLO TFX Pro Tritium and Fiber Optic Xtreme.  These seem like the two best choices out there for all around Glock sights. I am leaning toward the TRUGLO as I think they would be move visible during the day. I am interested in learning what others have experienced with these sights or others. I am also hoping for input on which to pick.

Thanks,

Robin

Edited by ShootingPilot

Hi, tritium sights are not the answer for competition. Any solid black adjustable rear sight (like Dawson), and a fiber optic front sight is, in my opinion, your best option. Unfortunately, I spent quite a bit of money over the years to discover this! Hope this helps. 

2 hours ago, dapribek said:

Hi, tritium sights are not the answer for competition. Any solid black adjustable rear sight (like Dawson), and a fiber optic front sight is, in my opinion, your best option. Unfortunately, I spent quite a bit of money over the years to discover this! Hope this helps. 

Tritium isn’t the answer for any type of shooting. They’re dumb. Even for defensive guns. 

If it’s dark enough to see the tritium… you can’t PID your target. Get a WML and run whatever sights the shoot the fastest. You’ll see them just as you do in daylight with a light on the gun. 

As for competition sights.. Dawson. Always Dawson. Fiber front. Blacked rear. 

I like Dawson fiber optic front and rear,those rear dots give these aging eyes a elevation reference.  I like the skinniest of the front sight choices as well.  There are fixed and adjustable Dawson sights for glocks.  I like the adjustable but only have fixed to choose from on the Gen 5 guns because the MOS pushed the rear sight dovetail rearward.  Maybe Dawson has an adjustable sight for the Gen 5 guns now.  I have not looked in a long time but I doubt it,