Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best way to shoot Polish Plate Rack

Ontarget

From what I have learned the "best" strategy is dependent on how quick you can physically shoot it.

I am not especially quick on regular plate racks so I start in the middle and work out to avoid much movement.

Other people who are much faster in open and pcc just go straight across and the plate rack doesn't move much before they are done assuming they connect on their hits.

Keep it balanced.

1 2 3 4

5  6 7  8

I try for 2-3 then 4-1 on top, then 6 -7 followed by 8-5. No pause between plates or plate pairs or you'll allow rotation to start. Then when the end weights fall off it gets real interesting.  Was at a match where the evil stage designer put a stomp pad under the falling weights to activate still more targets.

If your reasonable fast 12348765. they move pretty slow and it will start tilting but if you just keep going its not as bad as you think its going to be. 

targets like this are really more of a mental challenge than a shooting one, don't let it get in your head and just shoot the plates, aim at them don't panic don't rush just shoot them one after another, aiming does not actually take any longer, it just feels like it does, missing fast may feel quick but it is actually much much slower

• 4 months later...
On 5/23/2022 at 3:41 AM, Ontarget said:

Is there a best way to shoot a Polish Plate Rack? Thank you.

I shot it at A1, few years back. After watching a few shooters, I adopted an inside-out sort of approach so as to unbalance it as little as possible. It worked and I cleared it with the minimum number of shots, but I saw shooters just spraying and chasing it and clearing it faster than I did.

That's for normal mortals and works well.  At the Pan Am Shootoffs, the order was 1234-8765 for most shooters (1-2-3-4 are the top plates, 5-6-7-8 the bottom ones with 5 at the 1 end).  Adapt and overcome it going vertical on you.

Then Nils crushed everyone with 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 4-8.  Said the transitions were shorter.  😲

• 3 months later...
On 9/27/2022 at 9:17 PM, shred said:

That's for normal mortals and works well.  At the Pan Am Shootoffs, the order was 1234-8765 for most shooters (1-2-3-4 are the top plates, 5-6-7-8 the bottom ones with 5 at the 1 end).  Adapt and overcome it going vertical on you.

Then Nils crushed everyone with 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 4-8.  Said the transitions were shorter.  😲

Makes sense. If you can shoot that fast 

or 5-1, 6-2, 7-3, 8-4. Try to time it on a double tap lol

Edited by Pmatte1

• 5 weeks later...

What seemed to work for me and my squad was to shoot it in the order of 1-4-2-3, 1-4-2-3 sequence (Outside-outside, inside-inside) to keep it from swinging as much as possible. Didn't really seem to matter if you started on the top row or bottom row. Woe to you if it swung enough so that one of the side weights fell off. At that point you're best bet is to catch a plate when it reached the apex of a swing and hope for the best.

Final consensus was you either liked it or you hated it, depending on how you did. I've since shot it at local matchs, and have crashed and burned as many times as I've cleaned it. So I alternate between liking it and disliking it.

• 8 months later...

I’ve shot it two ways and am gonna try it a 3rd way, for when it’s not on an activator plate (flat with weights on sides)

Shoot it - 67/23/14/58

or - 1234-8765

my buddy recent shot it 15/26/37/48 and it worked really smoothly and I wanna try it. My issue is I always seem to miss a plate. Here are some vids of me shooting it 1234/8765

2 makeups

2 makeups

2 makeups (tried bottom row first)

2 makeups

so really I miss a lot LOL but I think 1234/8765 is fastest of the two ways I’ve tired but definitely curious how 15/26/37/48 works and I’ll do that next time