Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Triggers LLC kit for P320?

CurlyShuffle

I know many shooters with great results from the system.  I have a kit ready to install when my slide gets back from being worked on for my Legion.  

It's an interesting system using springs to remove slack and change tolerances from the trigger but not in the way of compressing them like you traditionally do with a spring.

Just watched the video.

It seems that the over travel spring would be superfluous if you had a trigger with the over-travel set screws like the GG, Armory Craft, Keres.

The pre-travel block is interesting but I wonder if it is necessary if you have a trigger with the pre-travel set screws like Armory Craft or Keres.

I guess it's not obvious to me that they would provide anything the adjustable triggers don't already offer.

The one thing that I find really interesting is the sear engagement spring and how it reduces sear engagement.

I'll have to ponder the wisdom of doing something like that...

I have this kit installed in both my main and back up Legions which I use in USPSA. Have been running it for 8 months now. Have shot at least 10k rounds through my main gun. I made a couple of videos on the kit. 

Here is a ink to my original video comparing this trigger kit to the Gray Guns Competition Kit and the stock Legion trigger:

Here is an update I just made yesterday: 

Edited by anonymouscuban

20 minutes ago, ddc said:

@anonymouscuban Did you use the spring that reduces the sear engagement?

That's the modification I'm most curious about.

Yes. I did install it. I don't really know what the heck it does but I have it in there. 

One thing I failed to mention in the follow up video is that I've shot about 2000 rounds that I made with Small Rifle Primers. Winchester SRP to be specific. Not one light strike. Most of the rounds I've shot through it were made with CCI SPP. Again, zero light strikes. I have a 5k CCI SRP in route to me and plan to run those. 

5 minutes ago, anonymouscuban said:

Yes. I did install it. I don't really know what the heck it does but I have it in there. 

One thing I failed to mention in the follow up video is that I've shot about 2000 rounds that I made with Small Rifle Primers. Winchester SRP to be specific. Not one light strike. Most of the rounds I've shot through it were made with CCI SPP. Again, zero light strikes. I have a 5k CCI SRP in route to me and plan to run those. 

I'm just guessing... but I'd guess it results in less trigger travel before the sear releases the striker.

It seems you could accomplish the same thing by shaving the sear ledge that catches the striker tab.

I've not heard of anybody doing that.

SRP: I've been using CCI400 and CCI500 without any noticeable difference. That's in an X5.

Unless the trigger kit changes out the striker spring, I wouldn’t worry about light strikes. Sigs system pretty much makes striker spring changes irrelevant, which is great for reliability. 

On 4/6/2022 at 1:28 AM, CurlyShuffle said:

Has anyone tried the Tactical Triggers kit in their P320?  I stumbled upon their installation videos on YouTube and the kit seems interesting, but I haven't seen many reviews on it yet.

IMO....

It appears to my untrained eye that springs of varying thickness are being used to take up the slack/overtravel/pretravel in the P320 trigger system.  IIRC, Apex was offering aluminum sleeves of varying thicknesses to take out the overtravel in the trigger by slipping one over the trigger stop pin.  And I feel confident from watching about 20 minutes of the longer video, that the "clip" slipped onto the sear cage is simply limiting pretravel (take-up) of the trigger bar.  I think he calls it the pretravel stop.

I would have to say, if your unsure of investing in this kit, to take a look at Edmond's excellent video that gives some great insight into some of the modifications done to the trigger, trigger bar, and sear by The Sig Armorer in his Custom Competition Kit:

Also there's solid rumors that The Sig Armorer will be releasing his own Competition Trigger Kits in the next 2-3 weeks.  Plus the welded trigger bar and competition triggers will be available separately.

I'm definitely not bashing Tactical Trigger's kits and parts that I'm sure are working as advertised for shooters as posted above!  Just that there's some very interesting options that are in the works for those that want other options!

👍

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

10 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

Also there's solid rumors that The Sig Armorer will be releasing his own Competition Trigger Kits in the next 2-3 weeks.  Plus the welded trigger bar and competition triggers will be available separately.

Just out of curiosity, where are you seeing these rumors? I know he posted something on his Facebook page almost a year ago in April, 2021 that was a picture of a curved trigger with his logo etched into the trigger face, but nothing since then. He even said on that post in a comment that he would only be offering curved triggers. 

I've been waiting to get my slide back from milling before I move forward with a trigger decision, and he is obviously at the top of my list of options, but if he's about to release a drop in kit, I may have to wait for that. 

1 minute ago, bulldog009 said:

Just out of curiosity, where are you seeing these rumors? I know he posted something on his Facebook page almost a year ago in April, 2021 that was a picture of a curved trigger with his logo etched into the trigger face, but nothing since then. He even said on that post in a comment that he would only be offering curved triggers. 

I've been waiting to get my slide back from milling before I move forward with a trigger decision, and he is obviously at the top of my list of options, but if he's about to release a drop in kit, I may have to wait for that. 

From the "horses mouth"..............

Indeed our over the counter kit should be ready in 2 to 3 weeks. 

We will also have the welded up trigger bar and our own trigger available.  

👍

1 hour ago, HOGRIDER said:

👍

Again, I'm asking where did you see that? I wasn't trying to discredit you, I was just curious where you saw it, as I have not seen that anywhere? Its not on his Facebook or Instagram pages, or on his website that I can find? I'd like to be ready to order one of those kits before they sell out 😂

Edited by bulldog009

3 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

👍

Hogrider, do you know what function the welded up trigger bar will provide? 

6 minutes ago, ddc said:

At the 12:50 part of the last video posted in the thread, it explains the interaction.  It affects take up.

Edited by Boomstick303

1 minute ago, Boomstick303 said:

At the 12:50 part of the video it explains the interaction.  It affects take up.

Gotcha, thanks. So would that be similar in function to what the pre-travel screw does in an adjustable trigger?

5 hours ago, ddc said:

IMO, a solid/tactical/adjustable way to deal with too much "take-up" prior to the wall…..

I think the Sig Mechanics video above does a good job of representing this.  Sig Guy also does a video on the primary results of his TSA competition job.

Very interesting for the mechanically inclined……

😉

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

6 minutes ago, ddc said:

So would that be similar in function to what the pre-travel screw does in an adjustable trigger?

I am not sure the answer to that exactly.   I would actually have to sit down and play with it to truly everything that is going on..  

Edited by Boomstick303

38 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

IMO, yes!

34 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

I am not sure the answer to that exactly.   I would actually have to sit down and play with it to truly everything that is going on..  

It will be interesting to see what the TSA kit is all about. I wonder if it will have a sear similar to what GG provides.

All the mix'n'match possibilities .... 

39 minutes ago, ddc said:

Gotcha, thanks. So would that be similar in function to what the pre-travel screw does in an adjustable trigger?

37 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

IMO, yes!

After giving this some thought the answer is no.  The pre-travel screw, or weld material on the trigger, or bushing minimizes the distance between the trigger and the fulcrum point to engage the trigger bar.  The trigger bar will move when the trigger is pressed, but does not engage the trigger bar in a meaningful way until the trigger contacts the fulcrum point.  It is removing the dead space for the trigger to truly engage the trigger bar.  The trigger bar modification minimizes take up.  

Otherwise why are both modifications required.

At least this the way it seems to work to me.  

4 minutes ago, ddc said:

All the mix'n'match possibilities .... 

Careful on the mix and matching.  It defeats the internal trigger safety at times.  

1 hour ago, Boomstick303 said:

After giving this some thought the answer is no.  The pre-travel screw, or weld material on the trigger, or bushing minimizes the distance between the trigger and the fulcrum point to engage the trigger bar.  The trigger bar will move when the trigger is pressed, but does not engage the trigger bar in a meaningful way until the trigger contacts the fulcrum point.  It is removing the dead space for the trigger to truly engage the trigger bar.  The trigger bar modification minimizes take up.  

Otherwise why are both modifications required.

At least this the way it seems to work to me.  

Careful on the mix and matching.  It defeats the internal trigger safety at times.  

That makes sense. And on mix and match I agree; just because you can doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I corrected my post above with regards to the weld on the back of the trigger bar.  Trying to visualize the interaction while in a medical facility waiting room was simply too distracting!  😷

After installing the AC flat adjustable trigger in the Max, I only used the (rear) set screw that limits total travel and (trigger) travel after the striker drops.  I would refer to this as "overtravel".  At this time, I was not comfortable using the pre-travel screw as I didn’t want to defeat the drop safety.  Also saw information that the pre-travel screw may need to be removed and re-installed anytime the trigger is removed from the FCU.  (cleaning, etc.)

Since a similar set screw is probably not doable on the back of the trigger bar, it appears TSA and Edmond are substituting a weld which IMO is reducing trigger “take-up” prior to hitting the wall.  Again, I think the "clip" used by Tactical Triggers that's placed on the rear of the sear housing is another way to accomplish the same thing with regards to the trigger bar weld. 

It also appears the reset (distance) is directly affected by the "thickness" of the sear leg; while creep is reduced/smoothed by polishing of the contact point.

As I'm still in the learning phase of the P320 platform, I welcome any discussion or correction to my understanding!  

👍😀