Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So. . .anybody shot the 322 yet?

rtl

Just took mine out and put 200+ rounds of CCI SV through it. No failures or (obvious) keyholing. Accuracy was pretty tight at 10yds, which was a nice bonus. The 20rd mags are crazy, it feels like they last forever compared to the usual 10rd mags you get in these sorts of pistols. Some 25rd mags would be great, hopefully those are coming eventually.

A few other notes:

1. Slide release is pretty loose, if you slap a mag in with any force, it will drop. I tend to regard this as a bug, but I know some people regard it as a feature. :)

2. You can use the takedown lever as a makeshift thumb rest, and it works passingly well for this. I am vaguely surprised they didn't put more of a ledge on it, given how popular that feature is on the P320.

3. The slim grip is growing on me; it's one of the few pistols I can hit the mag release on without shifting my hand.

A Legion version of this with a TXG grip would be amazing. It is a little more flippy than my MkIVs due to the 17oz weight. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also have the Holosun 407K on mine.  Never shot it with the iron sights.  Tried about 6 different types of ammo.  The only one that gave me issues was a very light target load that didn't always eject. Another target load worked just fine.  Accuracy was good with all loads.  As Cuz said, I wish it were a little heavier. The sights rise up a little more than I would like.  I can actually shoot my Walther PPQ 22LR with iron sights faster.  It may just be a matter of getting used to the red dot.  Careful loading of the magazine is critical.  If loaded correctly, it's very reliable.

On 11/24/2022 at 6:58 PM, Cuz said:

Fingers crossed that Armory Craft has the P322 trigger on sale for Black Friday…

@CuzBeen on the lookout for a BF sale on the AC P322 trigger...........at this point, it sure looks doubtful.

May have to bite the bullet and get one anyway.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

😉👍

17 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

@CuzBeen on the lookout for a BF sale on the AC P322 trigger...........at this point, it sure looks doubtful.

May have to bite the bullet and get one anyway.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

😉👍

They went on sale late last night for $10 off, I grabbed two.

Also ordered a Comp-Tac holster for it as well.  15% off covered the shipping. 

Ordering was easy, the waiting is the hard part...

38 minutes ago, Cuz said:

They went on sale late last night for $10 off, I grabbed two.

Also ordered a Comp-Tac holster for it as well.  15% off covered the shipping. 

Ordering was easy, the waiting is the hard part...

Fantastic!  Glad to hear you stocked up on these!

Ha!  It'll be worth the wait...........

;) 👍

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone shot a Steel Challenge match with it yet?  How did you do?  I'm anxious to try it.  Unfortunately, I've been on injured reserve the last two months and probably for the near future.

On 11/16/2022 at 10:41 AM, Cuz said:

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Armory Craft adjustable trigger on their P322. I put another 100 or so rounds through mine and they are running great. Then I saw this trigger and now I “need” one. If they have a Black Friday sale, I’m pretty sure I’ll end up getting one to try. Mostly just because it comes in red…

Sorry if I’m late here, but I purchased the AC trigger and it is absolutely incredible. A huge upgrade over the stock trigger in my opinion. I’d definitely recommend it. 

44 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Sorry if I’m late here, but I purchased the AC trigger and it is absolutely incredible. A huge upgrade over the stock trigger in my opinion. I’d definitely recommend it. 

Shoot. . . .

I’m going to have to get one of those I guess. 
and another couple of mags. 
and a couple thousand more MiniMags. 
. . . . . . 😁

RTL

On 12/31/2022 at 9:11 AM, rtl said:

Shoot. . . .

I’m going to have to get one of those I guess. 
and another couple of mags. 
and a couple thousand more MiniMags. 
. . . . . . 😁

RTL

Damn, save your money in the mini mags and spend it elsewhere. My P322 shoots the cheap bill ammo with no problems at all. And, yes, the AC trigger is very nice. 

18 hours ago, Cuz said:

Damn, save your money in the mini mags and spend it elsewhere. My P322 shoots the cheap bill ammo with no problems at all. And, yes, the AC trigger is very nice. 

Good to know. Thanks 

RTL

I had some nose-up feed failures last time I took it out, but it was also 30f and I don't think I lubed it beforehand. All the failures were near the start of a 20rd magazine. Haven't noticed any leading or keyholing so far.

Has anyone had a chance to try out the 25rd mags yet?

13 hours ago, Almo said:

erwos,

I also had some failures until I watched this video from Phil Strader of Sig.  Not sure if that's your issue or if you're already aware of it. 

I was... pretty standard procedure for 22 magazines in general. I usually do a once-over to make sure the rounds look like they're in there properly, but who knows, maybe I screwed up.

I finally got one of these pistols. 
ran about 400 rounds of various types of ammo 

CCI mini mags both RN & HP, CCI Stinger, CCI copper, Federal bulk pack plated HP, Aguila plated all worked well. 
Federal auto match lead RN, Aguila lead RN, and Winchester plated HP all had multiple stovepipes. 

Sounds like uncoated lead is the main issue.  I have shot waxed lead bullets and they worked fine.  I have a bunch of Norma Tac22 that I'm anxious to try.  It is heavily oiled.  I'll have to see how much of the oil wipes off while I'm loading them in the magazine.  Has anyone tested these?

• 2 weeks later...

I took my P322 back out and ran a few hundred rounds of CCI SV and Fed Automatch through it. No gun failures, but did have a round of CCI SV that had a priming issue and wouldn't go off after a couple trips through the gun. I did put some Slip 2000 on the rails this time, and loaded the mags myself.

Very disappointed that Sig didn't release an X5 or Legion version at SHOT. This gun, but heavier with a thicker grip, would be my hands-down choice for any rimfire action sport that could gain advantage from a larger-cap mag.

5 hours ago, erwos said:

I took my P322 back out and ran a few hundred rounds of CCI SV and Fed Automatch through it. No gun failures, but did have a round of CCI SV that had a priming issue and wouldn't go off after a couple trips through the gun. I did put some Slip 2000 on the rails this time, and loaded the mags myself.

Very disappointed that Sig didn't release an X5 or Legion version at SHOT. This gun, but heavier with a thicker grip, would be my hands-down choice for any rimfire action sport that could gain advantage from a larger-cap mag.

I was hoping too. A 5” version of the 322 with 3 25 rnd mags, comp, and dot would have been very interesting. 
Thanks,

RTL

20 hours ago, rtl said:

I was hoping too. A 5” version of the 322 with 3 25 rnd mags, comp, and dot would have been very interesting. 
Thanks,

RTL

Noooooooo!!!

Forget about the comp. If you want an Open gun get yourself the TX-22 Competition. 
The P322 is perfect as a Carry Optics rimfire.

Although heavier would be a little better…

:)

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/26/2022 at 12:55 PM, Almo said:

Has anyone shot a Steel Challenge match with it yet?  How did you do?  I'm anxious to try it.  Unfortunately, I've been on injured reserve the last two months and probably for the near future.

I took 1st in my division (iron sights), 4th overall at my local Steel Challenge match a couple weeks ago. 
im really liking this pistol. 

Congratulations, Matt1911.  I'm anxious to try it at a Steel Challenge.  I'm going to shoot a match this Sunday but, after a 3-1/2 month layoff from shooting, I think I'll stick to my Walther with iron sights for this one.  I'm a lot more familiar with it.  I may try the Sig with the red dot next month.