Cz 75 Tactical Sport

awleland

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are awesome guns for the cash...and often overloooked.

does the barrel have normal rifling, or is it polygonal?

im thinking its regular land-and-groove barrel.

ill be getting one soon...i gotta sell the ltd glock first :)

Open to suggestions for a good single action limited gun that is less than 1,000 dollars.

I too am researching my next semiauto purchase to replace my G22.

I think I have it narrowed down to either the CZ 75 TS or the Tanfoglio Limited custom both in .40 cal.

I would appreciate any comments also.

al

Did I put the kiss of death on this thread.

al

Guys

I picked up a little used STI Edge with a bunch of magazines, holster and belt so I guess I can back out of this thread now.

Its a bit more cash than I had intended to spend but I hope it will be worth it.

al

Harmon- the barrel has normal rifling. I went to the range tonight and SHAZAM! I really like this pistol. It felt great in my hands. It has a big grip but I have big hands so it felt very comfartable in my hands. I didn't have to fiddle to find a comfortable grip. I do with my Glock. I put about 100 rounds through the gun without a hiccup at all. I had no problem shooting 2 inch groups at 25 yards. I bought this gun "Lightly" used and it already had a fiber optic front installed so the sights gave a very nice picture. It also has the sprinco recoil system/guide rod installed. This made no difference during slow fire but during rapid fire double taps the second shot was grouping very close to the first. I was shooting some very tight groups at 20 yards. I think this will help me get 2 Alphas as opposed to Alpha Charlie. The recoil was very mild and this gun felt just as good as the STI Edge that I shot recently. The trigger was very light and crisp and the gun pointed nicely for me. The only gripe I have is that I would like a little more resistance from the mag release button. I suppose a new spring could remedy that. 3 mags came with the pistol and they already had the Taylor basepads installed. I had no problem getting 19 rounds in the mags. I had a blast shooting this gun and I am looking forward to trying it out in a real match. I was really impressed with the accuracy. I think this pistol will make my time in "C" class shorter. Let me know if you have any other questions.

This made no difference during slow fire but during rapid fire double taps the second shot was grouping very close to the first.

40 lashes for using the "double tap" word. That is a violation of The Rules.

I think this pistol will make my time in "C" class shorter.

If you never "double tap" again it will help you move up faster than the bestest baddest blaster money can buy. Two shots, two sight pictures. If the first shot deserved a sight pic, the second does too. B)

No apology neccesary. I was joking with you... kinda.

I didn't mean to get all preachy on ya. :) When the forum was very small with just a few members, we all used to give anybody who said "double tap" a hard time. I think the day I got the "hard time" was lost when the original forum crashed... at least I hope it was :P

I'm thinking about getting one of these pistols also and but am curious about the size of the grip from reading the thread. How does the size compare to the old Springfield P9 or the S_I grips? Not as big as the old Para frames are they? No one has these in my area so I can't get my hands on one.

Thanks

I too have been looking at these guns with some interest.

How do they compare size wiseto the cz 75/85? I see that you copare them to the old

para frame, what about the new ones? I is my understanding that the old frames were wider and more square than the new ones.

I can not find any of the ts locally but found a new one on the net for $863.99. Is this a good price?

Two other quick questions occured to me.

How available are the larger magazines? I have not been able to find any.

Are these guns Idpa legal? This would have an effect on the calibur choice. If I could shoot it in Idpa I might but a 9. other wise it might as well be a 40.

Do these guns have that clasic cz feel or does the added size make them point differently?

I got my mags from CZ-usa. Got them withing a week of the order. As for how it points, it really is a different animal all together then a standard CZ because of grip size. It points very naturally for me, but I like larger grips.

I too have been looking at these guns with some interest.

How do they compare size wiseto the cz 75/85? I see that you copare them to the old

para frame, what about the new ones? I is my understanding that the old frames were wider and more square than the new ones.

I can not find any of the ts locally but found a new one on the net for $863.99. Is this a good price?

Two other quick questions occured to me.

How available are the larger magazines? I have not been able to find any.

Are these guns Idpa legal? This would have an effect on the calibur choice. If I could shoot it in Idpa I might but a 9. other wise it might as well be a 40.

Do these guns have that clasic cz feel or does the added size make them point differently?

I would say the grip is similar in size to the new Para grips. The price you found on the net is a good price. It is the best price I have seen on a NIB TS. You will not have any problems getting magazines. You can get them through ghostholster.com. This site is run By Angus Hobdell who shoots for Team CZ so he has alot of CZ accessories for sale through his site. I do not know if they are IDPA legal since all I shoot is IPSC. The TS is a great shooter. I love the way it points and the extra weight helps with felt recoil.

Thanks for the info it is helpful. As far as the comparison to the new para grip is it round or more square? Round is good for me square leaves a spot on the sid of my hand that does not contact the gun which can cause the gun too slip in certain circumstance.

Thanks for the info it is helpful. As far as the comparison to the new para grip is it round or more square? Round is good for me square leaves a spot on the sid of my hand that does not contact the gun which can cause the gun too slip in certain circumstance.

The grip has a round feel to it. It is not square at all to me.

• 1 month later...

We received a couple of the CZ TS pistols in both 40 and 9 today. Wow I need a TS40! Had to have one of the best out of the box triggers I've ever pulled on a factory gun. The oversized frame and grip is wonderful. I might not need to finance it either...

While the 40 is a Limited gun, I think the 9mm would make a heck of a steel or bowling pin gun.

Edited by Middle Man

You know, I've had an IPSC STD for about 3 years that I bought as a Limited gun. I shoot Production with a G34, but wanted to try Limited without having to sell any of my internal organs on the net to afford a S*I. I still haven't shot it in a match, and haven't practiced with it in more than a year. The trigger is great, it's wickedly accurate and reliable, but the grip is just too big for me. I can't bring myself to sell it, and now this thread has got me pumped for trying it again. Maybe with practice I can get used to the grip?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I picked my new TS 40 up yesterday and put about 150 rounds through it today. Certainly not enough to come to any kind of a strong opinion but my impressions...

Sweet sights. Really like the narrow front. Very nice trigger. Seems very accurate but didn't bag it in for groups. Grip is not as big as my Para 45. I do wonder how long the mag well will last as it is plastic. The plastic trigger seems fine but more trigger time will tell if I'll want to replace it with a metal one.

With a plus 2-3 round base pad for the mags, this will be competative in limited no doubt.

When the holster arrives, I'm going to give this one a go in limited.

I picked my new TS 40 up yesterday and put about 150 rounds through it today. Certainly not enough to come to any kind of a strong opinion but my impressions...

Sweet sights. Really like the narrow front. Very nice trigger. Seems very accurate but didn't bag it in for groups. Grip is not as big as my Para 45. I do wonder how long the mag well will last as it is plastic. The plastic trigger seems fine but more trigger time will tell if I'll want to replace it with a metal one.

With a plus 2-3 round base pad for the mags, this will be competative in limited no doubt.

When the holster arrives, I'm going to give this one a go in limited.

I plan use the TS in limited as well I ordered mine from Matt should be here soon.

Check this link out http://www.strictlyipsc.com/ this may be an option when the magwell is worn out.

Edited by Jason Beaver

Are these guns Idpa legal? This would have an effect on the calibur choice. If I could shoot it in Idpa I might but a 9.

I I do not know if they are IDPA legal since all I shoot is IPSC. The TS is a great shooter. I love the way it points and the extra weight helps with felt recoil.

Unfortunetly, The TS is too heavy for IDPA.

• 4 months later...