Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz 75 Tactical Sport

awleland

I currently shoot a Glock 24 (sometimes a 35) in USPSA Limited class and I really like it but I want to try something else for fun It's hard to stay faithful to one pistol when there are so many good one out there. I have heard good things about CZ and I had the chance to put a few rounds through a CZ 75 IPSC and I liked the way it felt and the way it fit my hand. I recently read about the CZ 75 Tactical Sport and it looks like it would be a great choice because it fits my budget of less than $1000 dollars and since it is an improved version of the IPSC model. I also want my next limited gun to be single action and this one is. WHat are your thoughts? I think this would be a great limited gun for the money. I just can't come to grips on spending $2000 for a STI/SV limited gun. I know they are great guns but that is a chunk of change. SHould I get a CZ 75 TS. Open to suggestions for a good single action limited gun that is less than 1,000 dollars.

Edited by awleland

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes you should! :P

I've sold 3 in the last few weeks. They are great pistols, I keep threatening to get one and campaign in Limited with it. You can shoot it as is out of the box if you want to. Very ergonomic, fantastic trigger and good sights, you can't go wrong.

Having run the CZ 75B in Produciton and the Glock 35 in Limited, I would stay with the Glock 35 for Limited.

I have held a TS and they are a "bigger" gun. It will need new sights and then the mag issue needs to be looked at - how big a stick can you easily get and the cost. Also parts availability.

I have not shot the TS but I think it's interesting but for today I would stay with the 35. For now, and on this I am not being very bold, run the Glock 35 in Limited.

Hey Matt...

while I am sitting here putting together my wish list..

what does a TS go for??? will there be a price difference between the 40 and the 9mm??

afterall work bonuses are due out in February....

you can PM me if you want..thanks

"I recently read about the CZ 75 Tactical Sport and it looks like it would be a great choice because it fits my budget of less than $1000 dollars and since it is an improved version of the IPSC model. I also want my next limited gun to be single action and this one is. WHat are your thoughts? I think this would be a great limited gun for the money. I just can't come to grips on spending $2000 for a STI/SV limited gun. I know they are great guns but that is a chunk of change. SHould I get a CZ 75 TS. Open to suggestions for a good single action limited gun that is less than 1,000 dollars."

I have shot the CZ model "Standard IPSC" which is nearly identical to the TS in both Limited and L-10. It runs 100% out of the box and it comes from the factory with a very crisp 2lb trigger - though it does lighten up a little with break in. I like these guns so much that I own 2 of them; ea. cost me $700 nearly new. They both have 1.5 lb ultra reliable triggers w/o any tuning.

Sights do not need replacement; Viggen - were you refering to the Glock? Factory Glock sights suck & should be replaced. I have yet to have a problem with the CZ sights and the TS goes a step further with Warren style fixed sights.

Magazines with Taylor baspads hold 19 & with the TS its probably 20 rounds.

As for extra parts - everything is available from CZ-USA. I added plastic grips with skate tape on them & one of the guns has a Sprinco guide rod.

Both guns run 100% with factory ammo though I load my own either with N320 at 1.170" or with Titegroup.

As for holsters, I use the Ghost though there is a CR speed that fits and probably someone makes a Kydex for it. These guns do feel larger in the hands than a Glock but once you are shooting, the size become irrelevant I find. After shooting these guns in both local and Area matches, I am a fan & for the price, they cannot be beat.

See here:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...&hl=cz+standard

Regards,

D.C. Johnson

Edited by Carlos

Absolutely agree with you that the Glock sights need replacement. The route we went was Dawson FO front and Heini rear.

And the stock trigger compared to the G35 makes me want to cry.

On the CZ's what I am familiar with is the 75B's and my preference on that is the FO setup that Angus has. The sights on the TS seemed to be to be a little different and I prefer the Fiber Optic - old, decrepid eyes.

I will be shooting aTS withing the next month of so and am looking forward to it.

Understood. I agree with you re: the stock sights on both the 75B and the 85 Combat; they are on the small side & should be replaced for serious USPSA work. Like you I bought a set from Angus & am very pleased with those. There is also a larger adjustable target sight set that fits the 86 Combat & is made by LPA, but I'm OK w/ Angus' fixed sights.

Update: I went to a local gunshop today that had a CZ 75 TS in stock and I liked it alot. It has a big grip and I like that because I have big hands. The trigger was exceptional for a stock trigger and I liked the rear sight. Only thing needed is a fiber optic front IMO. It is heavier than my Glock 24 but I have no problem with that. It pointed very nicely. I was veri impressed with it. Matt will be getting a money order from me very soon. I am looking forward to attacking some courses of fire with it.

I was looking at the list of legal US Production guns and saw "CZ 75 (all SA/DA and DAO models, including P-01 model), 85 (all models), 97-B, 99, 100, 101, 110 CZ 75 SP-01, CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical"

Is this gun legal for US Production? I'm guessing the answer is NO since nobody mentions shooting it there but was curious as to why?

Thanks,

Eric...

I was looking at the list of legal US Production guns and saw "CZ 75 (all SA/DA and DAO models, including P-01 model), 85 (all models), 97-B, 99, 100, 101, 110 CZ 75 SP-01, CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical"

Is this gun legal for US Production? I'm guessing the answer is NO since nobody mentions shooting it there but was curious as to why?

Thanks,

Eric...

Simple,

from cz-usa.com: "· Factory tuned single-action trigger mechanism (SA)"

and from the USPSA rulebook: " 18. Single-action-only handguns are prohibited."

Simple,

from cz-usa.com: "· Factory tuned single-action trigger mechanism (SA)"

and from the USPSA rulebook: " 18. Single-action-only handguns are prohibited."

That would do it.....

Production guns need to start with a DA first shot or equivalent..like the XDs and Glocks..

Thanks for the quick response. I didn't realize this was SA only. I was confused by the CZ website. On their description page http://www.cz-usa.com/01.detail.php?id=69 it pulls up info on the 75B for the "General Overview" on the right side of the page. There it talks about the "Smooth double action and crisp single action". So much for that idea...

Open to suggestions for a good single action limited gun that is less than 1,000 dollars.

I too am researching my next semiauto purchase to replace my G22.

I think I have it narrowed down to either the CZ 75 TS or the Tanfoglio Limited custom both in .40 cal.

I would appreciate any comments also.

al

Open to suggestions for a good single action limited gun that is less than 1,000 dollars.

I too am researching my next semiauto purchase to replace my G22.

I think I have it narrowed down to either the CZ 75 TS or the Tanfoglio Limited custom both in .40 cal.

I would appreciate any comments also.

al

Did I put the kiss of death on this thread.

al

Couple of firends own both the TS(9 and 40) and the Champion. TS has a bigger grip, but it runs like a dream...and the trigger mech' - wow! I love that gun. However, like many mentioned before me, if I could change anything, it would be the sights and the guide rod. A friend changed the g.rod and replaced it with a custom stainless steel guide rod. After asking Angus for an alternative to the dreadful TS factory sights...I don't remember exactly the brand he told me of, but I do remember it was hard to come by. So, eventually, my buddy was lucky enough to find some adjustable Tanfoglio sights that were apparently, a perfect match.

A wicked, big, blaster...

I have been shooting the IPSC standard for a couple of years now. It is the most accurate gun I have shot. I am consistantly in the top 5 to 6 out of 30+ shooters in accuracy. What kills me is my speed. Before I started using the CZ I scored towards the bottom of the pack. Now with the improved accuracy I am never below the middle and tend to be in the top 3rd of shooters. Just have to get that speed up :P

The standard mags easily get 18 rounds with the Taylor extensions and if you leave out the base locking plate you can get 19 rounds. Also you can trim the spring and follower in the stock configuration to get 17 rounds. As far as mag costs, they are no more then any of the other popular limited gun mags with extensions, glock mags may be a bit less though.

I also have a FO front site and the stock adjustable rear site. The FO front site is the only thing that I have changed on the gun.

If you want to read more about cz75 TS, here's a site I found very useful:

http://www.strictlyipsc.com/

In the Gear-section there is a summary on the bottom, as well as loads of tuning info.

I shot the IPSC Standard CZ for three years and IMO, it's a very good gun. I switched to STI because I wanted a lighter gun (I'm not very large/powerful physically) and I had problems with the rear sight breaking (an issue they apparently have fixed for the TS). All in all, it's a great, reliable gun if you're not afraid of a BIG, HEAVY gun.