Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 on a Dillon RL1100

9 hours ago, George16 said:

The manual needs to be updated. I received my MK7 from DAA two weeks ago and it has the latest firmware.

Here’s a pic showing the available speeds on the tablet.

DAB94392-2-FF9-441-D-A085-383-CDB639702.

Thanks George,

But your pic shows the slowest speed at 1,000 RPH and not 100.  Am I missing something?

25 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Thanks George,

But your pic shows the slowest speed at 1,000 RPH and not 100.  Am I missing something?

Oops, my mistake. I just corrected my original post to show 1000 RPH. Sorry for the confusion.

8 hours ago, George16 said:

Oops, my mistake. I just corrected my original post to show 1000 RPH. Sorry for the confusion.

unfortunately that’s a bit disappointing to me. I don’t understand why there isn’t an option to run it in the 600-800 RPH range. 

8 minutes ago, Cuz said:

unfortunately that’s a bit disappointing to me. I don’t understand why there isn’t an option to run it in the 600-800 RPH range. 

I can actually run below 1000 RPH ( 800-900) by increasing the dwell time of the machine. Towards the end of the manual, it explains the dwell times.

21 hours ago, George16 said:

The manual needs to be updated. I received my MK7 from DAA two weeks ago and it has the latest firmware.

Here’s a pic showing the available speeds on the tablet.

DAB94392-2-FF9-441-D-A085-383-CDB639702.

Hey George,

sorry to bug you again, but do you have an auto drive on a Dillon press?  Or a Mark 7 press that’s automated?

Your pic clearly shows the speed at 1,000 rph, and I just got a response from Mark 7 a few minutes ago saying the slowest was 900 for an auto drive on the Dillon press. That’s interesting. Even the top speed on the 1050 Pro only goes to 2400 and your pic shows that it goes well past that. 

44 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Hey George,

sorry to bug you again, but do you have an auto drive on a Dillon press?  Or a Mark 7 press that’s automated?

Your pic clearly shows the speed at 1,000 rph, and I just got a response from Mark 7 a few minutes ago saying the slowest was 900 for an auto drive on the Dillon press. That’s interesting. Even the top speed on the 1050 Pro only goes to 2400 and your pic shows that it goes well past that. 

Cuz, I have a MK7 on a Dillon RL1100. The firmware that came with the MK7 is the latest and I was able to process brass at 2500 RPH. I tried 3000 and 3500 for a few seconds and the whole machine was shaking like crazy.

I got the same answer re speed when I called MK7 to ask and order a machine from them. They told me it’ll take 6-8 weeks because they’re fulfilling orders for their resellers and distributors so I ended up buying one from DAA. The MK7 I got actually have “1050 Pro” on the belt cover.

Setting it up.

5-B0661-C4-33-FE-47-B8-90-D5-2-B98067-CF

ETA: 

I called Dillon yesterday to order some stuff and the rep told me that they’re shipping out the Autodrive this week.

Edited by George16

5 hours ago, George16 said:

Cuz, I have a MK7 on a Dillon RL1100. The firmware that came with the MK7 is the latest and I was able to process brass at 2500 RPH. I tried 3000 and 3500 for a few seconds and the whole machine was shaking like crazy.

I got the same answer re speed when I called MK7 to ask and order a machine from them. They told me it’ll take 6-8 weeks because they’re fulfilling orders for their resellers and distributors so I ended up buying one from DAA. The MK7 I got actually have “1050 Pro” on the belt cover.

Setting it up.

5-B0661-C4-33-FE-47-B8-90-D5-2-B98067-CF

ETA: 

I called Dillon yesterday to order some stuff and the rep told me that they’re shipping out the Autodrive this week.

Great, thanks for the info.

11 hours ago, N7VY said:

CUZ, you can slow the speed by increasing the indexing speed and pause times at the top and bottom of the cycle. I can easily get to 600 cases an hour. 

Thanks. If anyone is offering any discounts or sales for Memorial Day I’m going to pick up a Mark 7 for my press.  

3 hours ago, Cuz said:

Thanks. If anyone is offering any discounts or sales for Memorial Day I’m going to pick up a Mark 7 for my press.  

Contact either Josh or Tom of DAA. I know they’ll be having at least a 5% discount for Memorial Day. 

In the past I have never seen the Mark 7 available for any of the discounts sites offer.  I have seen where you can get an extra sensor when ordering from Mark 7, but that's about it.  Worth asking the questions though.  

I originally ordered my mark7 for my 1050 through mark7 for Presidents’ Day and they had a 10% discount. I waited 6 weeks without a ship date and mark7 said on two occasions that I would get it soon. I found one at DAA and after it was in transit, I get a ship notice from mark7. Had to cancel that one. 

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who have installed a Mark 7 on an 1100 or 1050 did you install the diodes to prevent noise from the bullet and/or case feeder from affecting operation of the Mark 7?

I bought a Mark 7 second hand and it did not come with these diodes.  

If you are running them without the diodes are the running with no issue?

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

For those of you who have installed a Mark 7 on an 1100 or 1050 did you install the diodes to prevent noise from the bullet and/or case feeder from affecting operation of the Mark 7?

I bought a Mark 7 second hand and it did not come with these diodes.  

If you are running them without the diodes are the running with no issue?

Thanks in advance.

I didn’t install the diodes when I installed the MK7 on my 1100. So far, I have not experienced any problems or issues when using either the bullet or case feeder.

On 5/23/2022 at 7:52 AM, Cuz said:

Right now it’s looking like Midsouth is the place for me, best price, and in stock. 

If you purchased, were you able to get the two free sensors by ordering through Midsouth?

3 hours ago, jubi351 said:

If you purchased, were you able to get the two free sensors by ordering through Midsouth?

I did not, but then again, I never saw anyone offering free sensors with purchase.  Was that for this Memorial Day???

14 hours ago, jubi351 said:

Mark7 is offering through the end of the month, free bullet sense and decap sense. 

well that is definitely a score. That deal wasn’t available when I bought mine, or at least I didn’t see it. In reality, the ONLY reason that deal is being offered is because I already bought my auto drive. 

That’s just the way my luck rolls, Mark7 was clearly waiting for me to buy my press before offering that deal. So anyone that gets to take advantage of it has me to thank. 

• 4 weeks later...

I run the diodes on the bullet feeder but not case feeder, otherwise it produces to much noise, only issue is that my first set of diodes for the bullet feeder didn’t even last 10k rounds before it went out. If you’re using them and all the sudden the bullet feeder won’t stop when the tube is full the diodes are bad. Had to call and get a new set sent out under warranty. I’ve actually got all the parts to make new ones just in case I never need another one.