Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any news on TS2's racing green or bronze?

Bayou

On 2/26/2022 at 5:17 PM, midatlantic said:

Can anyone offer details on how the grip size, feel etc. compares to the TSO and/or Shadow 2? In other words, does the grip now have less bulk?

My opinion the TS2 grip is more similar to the Shadow2 than the TSO.    

TS2 has a deeper relief where the web of you hand is placed like the Shadow2, which creates a hump along the backstrap.  

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JBhunter45 said:

My opinion the TS2 grip is more similar to the Shadow2 than the TSO.    

TS2 has a deeper relief where the web of you hand is placed like the Shadow2, which creates a hump along the backstrap.  

Trigger reach distance seem about the same? Also, grip width?

I have one locally which I was just about to pick up tomorrow.... but then I started looking into this and from what I can tell there'd be an issue using the same side-mount optics plate as the Orange.  Will just link to the post I made on another forum....am I nuts in thinking this?

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=118365.msg921778#msg921778

2 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

They’ll have to make different mounts for the new TS2 and the checkmate if they ever update it. 
The checkmate 2 shouldn’t be to far behind. 

Yeah it would seem just same mount as before but with some extra clearance above the slide/frame line.

ClrComp.jpg.e4f5977baaf3c64c047a40b5059fea10.jpg

1 hour ago, MoRivera said:

I have one locally which I was just about to pick up tomorrow.... but then I started looking into this and from what I can tell there'd be an issue using the same side-mount optics plate as the Orange.  Will just link to the post I made on another forum....am I nuts in thinking this?

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=118365.msg921778#msg921778

nope, the slide over hangs the frame so the mounts needs a spacer or clearance to work.

4 minutes ago, eerw said:

nope, the slide over hangs the frame so the mounts needs a spacer or clearance to work.

Thank you!  This is good to know for anyone thinking the same as me....much appreciated!

CZ should go to a double-sided mount for the CM2 anyways; no reason not to. Or at least a 5 screw mount. Not holding my breath on any of those changes though. 

On 3/2/2022 at 4:34 PM, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

I guess relief cutting the mount makes sense. Spacing out the mount doesn’t sound like the right way to go. 
just knowing the sight is off center would  bother me a lot. 

That's what I was thinking, it wouldn't need much...probably just a shallow/narrow channel.  But I don't want to bother so I'm sticking with my Orange for now.  Maybe down the road.

ETA:

Now on the CZ Custom site listings for the mounts....

ts2_green_and_scope_mount_2.jpg.37e1d61ab4da36e39d440387f6b22918.jpg

Edited by MoRivera

19 hours ago, SuperKing said:

Trigger reach distance seem about the same? Also, grip width?

I don't have both to compare, I went with TSO's.   

My XL sized hands don't like the backstrap hump, I like LOK Palmswells on the TSO, and stock wood grips on Tanfoglio or CZ97.

From comparing the TS2 in a shop to a shooting buddy's Shadow2, I would think they are the same or at least similar.

Pretty sure all the frames are the same width, dictated by mag size, LOK uses Shadow 2 grips for the TSO, so grips would dictate the thickness.

When I compared a TSO to a TS2 side-by-side, the grips were very similar but I liked the TS2's a little more.  Probably because there's a bit more relief to the rear tang and under trigger guard...it pointed a little bit better for me.  Maybe a hair longer front-to-back, but not night-and-day difference and only the lower half of the grip.  Frame and grip width will be same, so different grip panels will likely have the same effect for either.

Put it this way, if I were only interested in shooting with iron sights, I would have gone with the TS2.  But since I specifically wanted an optics gun for plates and steel, I went with the Orange.....hence why I'm passing on the Green for now until they come out with a compatible optics mount, otherwise it'd be in my hand as we speak.

Edited by MoRivera

I finally joined the CZ club; bought the TS2 racing green. Since I am new to the platform, can someone guide as to what all the included parts are for?

• Four long springs - Are these recoil springs?  Anyone knows what the weight of the springs?  I guess this is to tune to the bullet PF.
  • Two medium springs - Are these hammer springs?  What are the spring weights?  Would these result in a lighter trigger pull?  Will it affect primer ignition?
  • One single small spring - Is this the firing pin return spring? This one seems very light compared to the one installed?  What is the purpose?  Should this be installed with a reduced power hammer spring to ensure primer ignition?
  • Steel pin - looks like a replacement for the mag release to delete slide stop. Correct?
  • Shock buffers - ok

Plan is to use this gun for USPSA limited (I know it is minor).

Also, since I reload, any recommendations on COAL; good loads using Sport Pistol; and 147, 135, or 124 bullets.  I have CCI and federal primers.

parts.jpeg

main.jpeg

Sweet gun!

- Yes recoil springs of different weight depending on load.

- Those do look like hammer springs but I would't know the weight rating.  I thin stock is like 18 lbs.

- Small spring hard to tell, maybe the firing pin spring.  If it is light then yes probably firing pin.

- Yes, slide stop pin for not slide lock.

Edited by MoRivera

2 hours ago, TitoR said:
  • Two medium springs - Are these hammer springs?  What are the spring weights?  Would these result in a lighter trigger pull?  Will it affect primer ignition

Going to a lighter hammer spring will make the trigger pull lighter but in my experience it also makes much mushier so I would not recommend it. I actually switched all of my SAO CZs to 22lb hammer springs to make the trigger pull more sharp and reset slightly better, trigger pull wasn't that much heavier. 

1 hour ago, regor said:

Going to a lighter hammer spring will make the trigger pull lighter but in my experience it also makes much mushier so I would not recommend it. I actually switched all of my SAO CZs to 22lb hammer springs to make the trigger pull more sharp and reset slightly better, trigger pull wasn't that much heavier. 

+1 on on this, especially on the Tac Sport models.  Going 18-20 lb with mine.

TSO triggers from the factory are amazing. super light 

Being a trigger freak I thought if I could add a steeper wall without adding pull weight to the trigger it be perfect. 
it was hard to justify the hammer at first but I had the extra money to try it and I’m happy I did. 

I did feel a base model TS2 at a shop and that trigger would need a lot of work to match a stock TSO trigger. 

Is there any kydex type holster that would work with the thumb rest installed?  
if not, what holster will work with the CZ TS2 Racing Green with the thumb rest?  Do I have to splurge on a race holster?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2022 at 4:54 PM, TitoR said:

Is there any kydex type holster that would work with the thumb rest installed?  
if not, what holster will work with the CZ TS2 Racing Green with the thumb rest?  Do I have to splurge on a race holster?

I am using a Redhill tactical with the TSO and thumb rest. Although as I look at the version 3 profile thumbrest, I wonder if it will work in my holster. My holster works great with the version 1 profile (the one that came with TSO) But I really want the racing green style one bad. You cant get them anywhere.