Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 Carry Optics. RTS2 or Romeo 3

mioduz

I haven't used a 3 Max yet. I have an RTS2 on my back up CO gun. It holds up really well and I like it a lot. I have a 6MOA Delta Point Pro on my main CO gun and took off the metal shroud. It brings the overall size of it pretty close to an RTS2. You get a lifetime warranty with the DPP. Something to think about.

You wouldn't go wrong with the RTS2. great size, great glass, and holds up really well. Just my experience with it.

Edited by darthdively
Spelling and punctuation corrections.

I prefer the window size and clarity and dot on the Romeo 3 over the RTS2, it is clearer and cleaner. I use Romeo 3 on all my red dot guns now, and the buttons don't work well after a while, I can feel the click, but it's like it's not actually pushing the button, have to move around on the button pad to get it; The only time this really bothered me was at Nationals, my dot also turned off in the middle of a stage and I couldn't turn it back on fast enough. I'd still buy the Romeo 3 again over the RTS2.

Also between the XL and Max, it's personal preference, I prefer a round window so I went max.

I have been told the same about the sig optics but don't have any experience first hand. I do know alot of people that use the RTS2 slide mounted and they seem to hold up well especially the latest version. 

FWIW down here (NZ) SROs outnumber everything else 2:1. PO shooters are now running Trijicon (SRO), Holosun, or Shield. Everything else has either died, or flown off the gun 🙂 RTS2 seems to hold up well in Open, but that's a completely different beast. FTP Alpha is slightly longer than RTS2, so will require additional slide milling if that's your thing.

• 1 month later...

I started with an RTS2 and switched over to the Romeo3 because of the big window. It’s my understanding from SHOT Show this past year that the RTS2 will be made with a bigger window in the very near future. Personally, I run the Romeo3 on all my optics pistols and it’s been great so far.

If you are using the dovetail mount then our FTP Alpha 3 wi use the same mount as the RTS2 and Romeo 3 max. If you are using an OR gun then you need a mount that raises the optic above the slide as the cut is too short for our optic or the Romeo 3 Max. We offer a 6 and 8 MOA dot and we programmed the brightness and settings to be competition specific which has definitely advantages over our competitor. Check them out as we just have a few left in stock until June/July.