Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rollsizer - Initial Setup

Geeko

I had ordered and setup the CasePro100 several years ago and found it worked great to remove the brass bulge.  Saw the Rollsizer and liked the speed capability.  Ordered one.  Went to setup on the bench and found things not aligning right.  Contacted the MFG'r and was told it was shipping damage.  The delivery company dropped the unit/box.  Mfg'r did say try loosing the bracket screws and try to bend the bracket(s) and re-adjust.  After checking the brackets for straightness before doing anything, I found one of the brackets was hitting the motor housing causing the misalignment (Shipping damage?? Not).  I had to add spacers to one side to move the bracket away from the motor housing for clearance.  Due to the added spacers, longer bolts were needed.  I used M8 x 1.25 x 35mm.  30mm length would have worked, but the 35mm worked just fine as well.  The original length was 25mm.  This fixed things up.  Now just waiting for the MA System casefeeder to finish the full setup to feed the Rollsizer and the Rollsizer Decapper

Rollsizer-1.thumb.jpeg.357f83f29f2a3d07a85c8097d5ad05df.jpeg

Bracket_with_Spacers-2.jpg

Bracket_Misalignment_w_Spacers-2.jpg

Spacers-2.jpg

Nice job. I ended up sending the DC version (the smaller one) back because I did not like the design of the unit. You looked into the issue a little harder than I did. I didn’t care for the way the bracket was mounted to the gear box. The gearbox was at such an angle and the way the screws and bracket aligned I felt it could never be corrected properly without doing exactly what you did. I had buyers remorse after buying the smaller unit anyway actually wishing I had bought the larger Roll Sizer. They allowed me to trade it in. 

If if I would have kept the smaller one I would have done something similar. 

With th that said, I had no issue with the one I ended up with and extremely happy I made the investment. 

Edited by Boomstick303

I love my commercial Roll sizer, especially after running into a batch of bulged brass that I loaded. No more issues since having the Roll Sizer. 

On the fence about the decapper.  I like the idea and if I automate I may go that route for 9mm, to “short process” (essentially just decap 9mm for processing) before I tumble then load. It may save the ware and tare on the press of having to process 9mm on it. From my understanding you can decap with that unit with dirty brass. I could be wrong.  In my eyes 223 requires processing (trimming) so I do not see the benefit of the decapper for 223. 

Edited by Boomstick303

My idea for the Rollsizer Decapper at this time was $$.  I have thought of something like the Dillon CP2000 setup (minus the trimmer for pistol) and replace the Dillon casefeeder with the MA System either 14in or 16in bowl.  Add the Fast and Friendly (fastandfriendlybrass.com) motor drive for depriming and checking the primer pocket swagger.  It seems like the FFB system runs faster than Mark7.

The idea is to deprime, wet tumble in the cement mixer, minus the steel pins, then use dry crush walnut for the drying process in the mixer again.  The walnut would continue the cleaning and polishing process without the hassle of the steel pins.  Then run through the Rollsizer to begin the reloading process.

The base on mine was mangled as well.  Pretty poor design and build quality considering the price of the machine.  I made my own base and also relocated the the post for the case feeder.  It's stronger, more stable, and has a smaller footprint.

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

Great pictures of your new and improved bracket.  I did see that your motor housing is different from mine.  The rear end cap is shaped differently.  My motor end cap was what was inferring with the bracket that caused me to add spacers.  Your motor housing does not appear to have that problem.  Either way, nice job.

2 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

The base on mine was mangled as well.  Pretty poor design and build quality considering the price of the machine.  I made my own base and also relocated the the post for the case feeder.  It's stronger, more stable, and has a smaller footprint.

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

I think you need to pay a visit to the factory and show them how to do it right. 

2 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

It's stronger, more stable, and has a smaller footprint.

Did you upgrade the motor in your case feeder, I noted you have all of the pins in the disk, to make the Roll Sizer run at full capacity.

If you did upgrade, what did you upgrade with and is it worth it?

For a Dillon Casefeeder upgrade, I probably would use Immortal Arms ™ Case Feeder Upgrade Pro (CFUPRO) - https://immortobot.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=440

I know for my setup, I will be using MA Systems casefeeder (14in) to feed the Rollsizer or Decapper/deprimer units.  Both Rollsizer units will outrun the Standard Dillon.  Just going more commercial direction equipment.  Just not big enough to go bigger than the 14in bowl.  The 16in bowl can come with variable speed.

43 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Did you upgrade the motor in your case feeder, I noted you have all of the pins in the disk, to make the Roll Sizer run at full capacity.

If you did upgrade, what did you upgrade with and is it worth it?

Yes, I upgraded to the Immortal Arms motor.  It's much faster than the Dillon (including the latest adjustable speed version).  It doesn't quite keep up with the machine when running all six pins, but it's pretty close.  If you're processing a decent amount of brass, running three pins takes forever.  And it's really not practical to run six with the Dillon because it's way to slow.  So, the Immortal motor is a good option.  Mine has held up to a fair amount of use and still going strong.  So, I'd say it's worth the money. 

26 minutes ago, Geeko said:

For a Dillon Casefeeder upgrade, I probably would use Immortal Arms ™ Case Feeder Upgrade Pro (CFUPRO) - https://immortobot.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=440

I know for my setup, I will be using MA Systems casefeeder (14in) to feed the Rollsizer or Decapper/deprimer units.  Both Rollsizer units will outrun the Standard Dillon.  Just going more commercial direction equipment.  Just not big enough to go bigger than the 14in bowl.  The 16in bowl can come with variable speed.

The MA collator is top quality and much faster than the Dillon even with the Immortal motor.  And, you'll never wear it out.  But they're expensive.   I met the guy who designed the MA collator many years ago through a friend.  Same dude also designed the fuel filler system they use for NASCAR. 

Edited by ltdmstr

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 11:01 AM, ltdmstr said:

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

Very nice setup. Do you mind sharing the measurements or drawings for your rollsizer base? I can weld a little bit and I have the time to make one.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, George16 said:

Very nice setup. Do you mind sharing the measurements or drawings for your rollsizer base? I can weld a little bit and I have the time to make one.

Sure.  The sides are 2x2x1/8 angle.  Front and back are 2x1/8 flat stock.  Finished length of sides is 17-1/2 and finished width is 11-3/4.  The case feed post is mounted on a piece of flat stock that's welded to the inside of the angle and the post is 1x1x1/8 (you can use lighter gage for this).  The full length Dillon case feed tube puts the feeder pretty high, so I cut mine down a bit.  The output chute is 1-3/4 sqaure tubing mounted on a piece of flat stock.  You'll need to cut the angle on one side to clear the rollsizer motor, and also locate the holes to mount it.  The rest is pretty simple and straightforward.

Edited by ltdmstr

On 12/10/2021 at 3:28 PM, ltdmstr said:

Sure.  The sides are 2x2x1/8 angle.  Front and back are 2x1/8 flat stock.  Finished length of sides is 17-1/2 and finished width is 11-3/4.  The case feed post is mounted on a piece of flat stock that's welded to the inside of the angle and the post is 1x1x1/8 (you can use lighter gage for this).  The full length Dillon case feed tube puts the feeder pretty high, so I cut mine down a bit.  The output chute is 1-3/4 sqaure tubing mounted on a piece of flat stock.  You'll need to cut the angle on one side to clear the rollsizer motor, and also locate the holes to mount it.  The rest is pretty simple and straightforward.

Thanks for the specs. Im an automotive master tech 32 years, I have steel and a nice mig welder at the shop. For sure need to fab up your design. Thank you !

On 11/15/2021 at 2:40 PM, ltdmstr said:

Yes, I upgraded to the Immortal Arms motor.  It's much faster than the Dillon (including the latest adjustable speed version).  It doesn't quite keep up with the machine when running all six pins, but it's pretty close.  If you're processing a decent amount of brass, running three pins takes forever.  And it's really not practical to run six with the Dillon because it's way to slow.  So, the Immortal motor is a good option.  Mine has held up to a fair amount of use and still going strong.  So, I'd say it's worth the money. 

The MA collator is top quality and much faster than the Dillon even with the Immortal motor.  And, you'll never wear it out.  But they're expensive.   I met the guy who designed the MA collator many years ago through a friend.  Same dude also designed the fuel filler system they use for NASCAR. 

Im looking at getting the MA collator also. Let me know how you like it. Us old guys have deep pockets, we dont care what they cost, just want the best LOL