Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CF revolver for SC

Squirrel45

I have a v comp and a TRR8. the R8 is ten oz lighter. For me I shoot the v comp a little better.

I have shot the v comp for a lot longer and feel like it is much steadier. Having said that I think the R8 might be faster if I worked with it more often. I don't get to practice as often as I like so come match day I'm shooting the v comp.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/3/2021 at 5:59 PM, Squirrel45 said:

Hi Everyone, 

Thinking about a 627 2 5/8" barrel. Or a TRR8. This would be just used for steel challenge only, 38short or 38spl.  Would like to try something lighter I think. What do you guys think 🤔

Thanks 

Squirrel

What you’re looking for is either a trr8 if you want to stick with the 38 family, or a carbon barrel on a 929 at whatever length you prefer for SC. 

There are pluses and minuses to both, but I think 9mm and the 929 far outweigh the 38 options in SC and USPSA style shooting. 

And from doing plenty of research, and usually shooting half decent match times- don’t shoot mouse fart loads. Best results will still come from a load that makes or is right on the line of making 125pf. 

08E5A6C8-05A5-4C83-BE17-F90202DCA0A3.thumb.png.6e17ae42194ca656f499bb0dff4a01e4.png

19 hours ago, revolver45 said:

Where does the carbon fiber barrel come from and what is the cost? I recently had TK Custom lighten my 929 barrel and it made a huge difference.  They removed about 6.5 oz from the factory weight.  

I build the barrels. I’ve got blanks on order for a run of them this fall but like everything else they’re further away than I was hoping. 

Shoot me a PM for pricing. 

On 11/21/2021 at 1:32 PM, revolver45 said:

Where does the carbon fiber barrel come from and what is the cost? I recently had TK Custom lighten my 929 barrel and it made a huge difference.  They removed about 6.5 oz from the factory weight.  

Let's see a picture of TK's work on your barrel.