Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New USPSA Production/CO and 3 gun shooter from GA.. training for 2021 All Army Match I've got a question if you've got the time

Nebikinizer

I learned the basics of marksmanship from the Army and went to a couple USPSA matches in 2016. I took a five year break from competitive shooting due to work and getting heavily involved with Jiu Jitsu. I'm still in the Army and train jiu jitsu... However, I caught the shooting bug last month and I've been competing almost every weekend, reading Ben Stoeger's book series (along with signing up for his 30-31OCT class), watched Keith Garcia's 3 gun DVD, waiting on Jerry Miculek’s 3 gun DVD, bought a Mantis X 10 etc. I plan on hopefully competing in the 2021 ALL ARMY MATCH –US ARMY SMALL ARMS CHAMPIONSHIPS 14-20 March

I'll include my gear list and pictures below.. I recently bought a Sig P320 X5. I love the look and feel but I'm worried with some of the barrel/slide fit issues I've seen that have been causing accuracy issues. I've messaged a few people on this forum to get their thoughts on it. 

I am now very tempted to get a match barrel fitted from The Sig Armorer (along with his trigger).

Here are the results of my zero range. I shot sitting and supported the weapon on the table and still generally bounced between 3-5" at 20 yards using 124 grain freedom munitions remanufactured ammo.

https://imgur.com/a/s2YrdYd

Gear List: https://imgur.com/a/MGzwluu

Production Pistol: Sig P320 X5 Legion. Stock. Recently purchased. Will transition this pistol to Carry Optics in March of 2022

Carry Optics Pistol: Glock 34. Timney Alpha trigger (will send to Johnny Glock for competition upgrade soon), Trijicon SRO, non co witness Dawson Precision sights, Talon grip

Rifle: JP CTR-02 Match Ready Rifle

Billet upper and lower, Adjustable gas block .750 bore low profile, Barrel: 18" light contour 1:8 twist, Compensator: JPTRE-2S, Trigger: JP 3.5-4lb , Low mass bolt carrier, Hogue pistol grip, ACE-ARFX-QD, Skeleton butt stock with qd 

Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 1-6x24 with JM-1 BDC, Vortex optics cantilever ring mount with 3" offset ADR for 30mm tubes

Shotgun: Benelli M2 (Accurate Iron package)

Belt: Safariland 032 ELS belt, 5197 holster witth USPSA kit for the Glock 34, Ben Stoeger DOH for the Legion,3x773 pistol pouches, 3x774 rifle pouches, 2xshot gun caddies (can't remember model)

Self-defense pistol: Glock 19 gen 4 with Accurate Iron trigger and grip job, TTI sights

Edited by Nebikinizer
Forgot to mention JM DVD and Mantis X

Also, if the future plans include a red dot for the Sig, go ahead and get it, mount it and go accuracy test again. My two cents worth on accuracy for 3G/Action Pistol, if you are getting 3” at 20 yards I’d call it good and start practicing.

also as mentioned above, try different loads.

This is the end of September, you have missed out on a March match.

Assuming they will run one again next year, none of your guns are allowed and the events are not at all like USPSA.

3. AUTHORIZED WEAPONS:
a. Service Rifle: 
U.S. Service Rifle, Caliber 5.56mm, M4/M4A1 Carbine as described in TM 9-1005-319-10 (w/c3) as issued.

No commercial equivalent arms, Special Purpose rifles (SPR), or Designated Marksman Rifles are authorized.

b. Service Pistol: U.S. Pistol, Caliber 9mm, M9 or M11 as described in TM 9-1005-317-23&P, as issued; or M17 or M18 as described in TM 9-1005-470-10&P. No commercial equivalent pistols/revolvers are authorized.

Your laundry list looks suitable for USPSA or 3-Gun.  I think you are nitpicking too soon to know what is really needed, but it is your money.  

• 3 weeks later...