Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'll be there in Limited with Eric Seipp (lurker on here, and world class sandbagger) and OPENMIKE / Mike Stevens. Two nice guys from Chicago. Seipp's name is listed on the squadding thingy, mine's not, as yet.

We are one squad behind Manny and the big dogs, so we can go to school on their stage plans. B) I'm gonna call it the "free course cutting class" I get for going to the other one in April. :P

What 'cha shooting Chuck?

It's interesting that Sevigny is showing LTD and Julie is showing L-10.

Dave Sevigny is still a Glockster, J-Go is at last word a Smythe and Wessoneer. She's probably shooting a skinny gun in L-10.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A5 will be my first big match with my Angus-ized SP-01. An old guy with bad eyes switching from Open to production. Go figure. I really like the gun and after about 10 matches I think I have the trigger figured out. The balance of the gun is perfect for me and with 134 pf loads it has the muzzle flip of my open gun with the added benefit of being a whole bunch quieter! I also worked in the Czech Republic for a few months back in the early 90's so there is a karmic connection also!

We will be getting into town sometime on Saturday afternoon so perhaps you can show us how to shoot a stage or 2. John and Tom are from the Chicago area and I used to live there many moons ago. Still the best pizza :rolleyes: If I don't find ya on Saturday, look me up on Sunday if you are still around.

Later,

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

According to the USPSA on-line squadding, all of the weekend slots are full. It also appears that squad sizes on Sunday are limited to 5?????? And Saturday squad sizes vary from 6 to 10?????? With a total of only 140 able to shoot on the weekend?????

Is this all correct or is there a glich in the on-line squadding system?

According to the USPSA on-line squadding, all of the weekend slots are full. It also appears that squad sizes on Sunday are limited to 5?????? And Saturday squad sizes vary from 6 to 10?????? With a total of only 140 able to shoot on the weekend?????

Is this all correct or is there a glich in the on-line squadding system?

the Sunday squads are only 5 because they shoot all 10 stages in 1/2 day. All the saturday squads are 10 slots. When you use the on line squadding tool, you can elect not to have your name displayed. So a squad can be shown as full but not show any names! It looks like every thing is OK with the tool.

Later,

Chuck

Sorry guys about taking so long to reply to this thread, haven't been on the forum much lately. The matchbook (with stages) should be available on the website for download in a couple weeks. You will find it on this page: Area 5 Info We were planning to have it available by August 1st, which is also the deadline for entries. An email will be sent to registered competitors and I'll also post to this thread when it's available.

davidball: Yes, Saturday and Sunday squads are currently full with spots only available on Friday. Friday and Saturday squads are limited to 10 and Sunday squads are limited to 5, due to the prize table drawing and awards ceremony. Thursday slots with the staff may be available by request.

Thanks,

Ronnie Casper

davidball: Yes, Saturday and Sunday squads are currently full with spots only available on Friday. Friday and Saturday squads are limited to 10 and Sunday squads are limited to 5, due to the prize table drawing and awards ceremony. Thursday slots with the staff may be available by request.

Thanks,

Ronnie Casper

Thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

The match book is now available for download at this link: Area 5 Info

Please note that the printed copy you'll receive in your shooter packet may have changes and updates and will take precedence over this online version. All sponsors and staff may not be listed at this time, but will be listed in the printed version.

Thanks,

Ronnie

• 2 weeks later...

Only 2 more weeks! :D

Question: There are "Max Trap" targets on stage 3 and 6. I have probably seen such things but I have never heard the term before. What are they? Does anyone have a link to a picture?

TIA,

Chuck

Not 100% sure on this but I believe they are what some refer as to "clam shell". A shot to an activator pulls a stick on two targets stacked (usually a noshoot on the front), a weight pulls the noshoot down, falls off then the noshoot rises back up.

If you shot Ky State this year, Chuck's stage had one or two.

Not 100% sure on this but I believe they are what some refer as to "clam shell". A shot to an activator pulls a stick on two targets stacked (usually a noshoot on the front), a weight pulls the noshoot down, falls off then the noshoot rises back up.

If you shot Ky State this year, Chuck's stage had one or two.

Your description sort of fits with the stage diagram. FWIW I have heard clam shell used for those 2 targets that work with "storm door closers" where the activator allows the rear (shoot) target to snap up and release the front N/S target.

Thanks,

Chuck

Only 2 more weeks! :D

Question: There are "Max Trap" targets on stage 3 and 6. I have probably seen such things but I have never heard the term before. What are they? Does anyone have a link to a picture?

TIA,

Chuck

They are made by Max Davidson of http://www.gunsteel.com

Here's a link to a picture and demonstration of the target http://www.gunsteel.com/maxtrap.html

When activated, the no-shoot swings down exposing the target, then swings back up again.

Ronnie

Yeah that is alot, there was only 7 at the Area 8 match

As of right now looks like:

M - 2

A - 4

B - 6

C - 4

U - 6

22 total

Looks like some good competition going on, can't wait!!!

Edited by fortyfiveshooter