Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Matches Are You Shooting in 2021?

5 hours ago, matteekay said:

Got the email today - looks like I'll be wheelgunning in IDPA Nationals so no IRC for me.

Does someone want to take one of my Rhinos and see if they can get Jerry to bless it?

Yeap, I’ll be squadding on the 15th.

33 minutes ago, SSGGlock said:

Yeap, I’ll be squadding on the 15th.

Oh wow, that's a whole week ahead of me. My friend also got in and he's squadding a week after, so that must be the cadence...

33 minutes ago, revoman said:

Yes I would as a deal is a deal. Now if matteekay responds to my offer. 🤔

That's a hefty price... that might actually be worth it...

39 minutes ago, matteekay said:

Oh wow, that's a whole week ahead of me. My friend also got in and he's squadding a week after, so that must be the cadence...

Me and friend got the 15th, another friend got the 19th. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the Kansas Free State USPSA match.  Had 2 pull out for health, but ended up with 9.  Great squad of hard working, fun Revolver Shooters.  Didn't have any other Division in our squad, so we breezed through and were waiting on the squad ahead of us all match.  Gave us a chance to cool down as it was a very hot & humid day.

Great struggle with all of us suffering misses, no doubt to the Heat Haze!

Congratulations to Mike Carmoney on his win and to Joe Sutton for 3rd place!  The top three places were separated by 62 points and less than 6%.

Heard a lot of great stories, and made up more for the future!  One 929 blew off its end cap and it was never found!

If any of squad 9 is on here THANKS for the great times!

I haven’t been doing this long and the FreeState match was the biggest match I’ve ever been to.  Squad 9 was awesome since it was all revolvers. Everybody was fun to be around.  Thanks Dave for all the help and the tips you gave me throughout the day.

On 7/12/2021 at 8:34 PM, matteekay said:

Guess I'm shooting on Wednesday/Thursday, lol. Ah, well!

Turns out... I am shooting Wed/Thu for IDPA Nationals. I had a Fri/Sat slot but my son has a Scouts thing on the Saturday I need to go to so I switched. Probably should have auctioned off that slot, lol.

6 hours ago, dhain said:

I haven’t been doing this long and the FreeState match was the biggest match I’ve ever been to.  Squad 9 was awesome since it was all revolvers. Everybody was fun to be around.  Thanks Dave for all the help and the tips you gave me throughout the day.

It was great shooting with you.  Pleasure to watch the new guns learning the trade.  Don't think I stopped flapping my gums for more than a few minutes the whole match!