Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Matches Are You Shooting in 2021?

Revo Majors?  Zero  :mellow:

Still not happy last years IRC got cancelled, we could have done that match.  The Phoenix matches were fun though.  There won’t be any I in IRC this year.  It’s $2k per person for covid jail hotel + testing (before)/when we get home + 14 day quarantine for Canadians.  For Australians it’s hard if not impossible just to leave.

Hope ‘y’all have fun, see ya in ‘22.

Will shooting a lot of IPSC locals.  Seems to be a lot of L3’s on the schedule with decent supplies of primers and powder in stores

I'm way out east, where there's very little ICORE within driving range, so mostly at USPSA matches:

1. Battle for the North Coast (staff day)

2. Possibly the Mitten Match in Brooklyn, MI (sold as a locap one; might make the drive even if I don't play staff)

3+. ??? I'm hoping to staff one more major, but we'll see what options are open. With no Western PA Section match this year, that knocks one obvious contender off the list.

If a MW ICORE Regional is held somewhere close, MO, IA, KS.

Free State USPSA Match July 24 near KC, KS, MCPSL.

Area III Steel Challenge May 30 also near KC, KS, MCPSL.

Not really planning much until after July 1st right now.

USPSA Locap Nationals ( still not sure if I'm shooting major or minor primers will decide)

Wait listed for the Speed Shooting Championsips (decided to late)

Area 4 Steel Challenge Championship  ISR and OSR

IRC ( not sure if I'm shooting limited or L6 , primers available will decide)

Jason

On 3/5/2021 at 1:37 PM, pskys2 said:

If a MW ICORE Regional is held somewhere close, MO, IA, KS.

You rang?

I'm shooting Revolver major (USPSA), Limited 6 (ICORE), and ESR (IDPA) at all of my local matches through June. In terms of big matches:

I'm iffy on IRC but I really want to go. Maybe Jerry will bless my guns.

Edited by matteekay

My buddy Joe Sutton, he just made GM in Revo USPSA!, is pushing for some bigger Revolver turnouts at some bigger matches.

Right now he's got 4 planning on the Area 4. Travel for me at this point is iffy, so I'm considering.  Anyone interested?

Last year we had almost a full squad of Revolvers at the Kansas Free State and he and I both are planning on it this year.  It's at a range about 20 minutes west of KC, Ks. Millcreek Practical Shooters League https://practiscore.com/free-state-kansas-championship-2021/register on July 24.

3 hours ago, pskys2 said:

My buddy Joe Sutton, he just made GM in Revo USPSA!, is pushing for some bigger Revolver turnouts at some bigger matches.

Right now he's got 4 planning on the Area 4. Travel for me at this point is iffy, so I'm considering.  Anyone interested?

Last year we had almost a full squad of Revolvers at the Kansas Free State and he and I both are planning on it this year.  It's at a range about 20 minutes west of KC, Ks. Millcreek Practical Shooters League https://practiscore.com/free-state-kansas-championship-2021/register on July 24.

I see it's a one day affair. How many stages are there?

10 hours ago, pskys2 said:

I’d be interested if there were weekend slots left.

On 3/5/2021 at 12:37 PM, Fishbreath said:

I'm way out east, where there's very little ICORE within driving range, so mostly at USPSA matches:

1. Battle for the North Coast (staff day)

2. Possibly the Mitten Match in Brooklyn, MI (sold as a locap one; might make the drive even if I don't play staff)

3+. ??? I'm hoping to staff one more major, but we'll see what options are open. With no Western PA Section match this year, that knocks one obvious contender off the list.

Pretty sure East Coast Regional is close to you... if you wanna shoot ICORE.

12 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Last year they had 11 or 12. 

Any idea when registration will open?

That's the week after the Eastern Colorado sectional. With work I can only make or the other, but I'd skip our sectional for some revo heat.

11 hours ago, PatJones said:

Any idea when registration will open?

That's the week after the Eastern Colorado sectional. With work I can only make or the other, but I'd skip our sectional for some revo heat.

My guess would be early May.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to shoot the Free State match again this year, but right now I have a jury trial scheduled for the week after the match.  So it looks unlikely.  

I also want to shoot a Midwest ICORE Regional if somebody organizes one that is reasonably close.  Watching for this.  

14 hours ago, Carmoney said:

I would like to shoot the Free State match again this year, but right now I have a jury trial scheduled for the week after the match.  So it looks unlikely.  

I also want to shoot a Midwest ICORE Regional if somebody organizes one that is reasonably close.  Watching for this.  

It's a real bugger when work interferes with shooting (pleasure).

15 hours ago, Carmoney said:

Last years match was quite a contest!  And that thrill has had to keep me going for 10 months, time to the A3 Steel Challenge.  

Might be some fun there?

I'm afraid 2021 is not going to be much better than last year.  I'd like to make the GP & Iowa Sectionals, just not sure of anything at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The Free State USPSA Match July 23-24 in DeSoto, Ks (just outside of KC) is full and we've snagged 10 Revolver Shooters all on 1 squad!

The match is full, but spots keep opening up if there are anymore Revolver Competitors interested!

The break down is on the order of 23 to 26 each in Open, Production, Limited, 90+ in CO, 2 in SS, 11 in PCC and 10 in REVOLVER!

Heck if we keep this up we may even become a serious Division!

I really am beginning to think our numbers would go up if USPSA allowed optics in the Revolver Division.  I just can't seem to get comfortable with the Dot, but I'd not feel out gunned by the Dot, just those who use it to good effect!  But then they would probably out gun me with Irons.

The MW ICORE Regional in Nebraska was great fun and around 20% of those in attendance were heading to the IRC.

Edited by pskys2

24 minutes ago, matteekay said:

Got the email today - looks like I'll be wheelgunning in IDPA Nationals so no IRC for me.

Does someone want to take one of my Rhinos and see if they can get Jerry to bless it?

If you pay all my expenses I will make sure Jerry touch’s it. 😁🏻🇺🇸