Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TP9 SFX trigger: what style Freedomsmith do you have?

balmo

I just recently acquired a TP9 SFX. I want to upgrade the trigger to Freedomsmith. 

Aside from the Fat Daddy full flat face, and the curved variants, I cannot see any differences from the rest of the variants. I am liking the Vanguard series right now, but I jast want to see what you guys have for a Freedomsmith trigger. Thanks.

I have the Pro in both of mine, it's great. I had issues with the Fat Daddy locking out if my trigger pull wasn't perfect. It's easy to make contact with the corner of the extra wide flat face prior to the safety dingus when going (trying) fast.

Add a Glock striker spring, Glock/Cajun/Sprinco safety plunger spring, Glock guide rod/recoil spring, Sprinco trigger return spring (or SS split ring) and the TF brass parts to further improve the shooting experience.

On 12/12/2020 at 10:15 AM, Cam73 said:

I have the Pro in both of mine, it's great. I had issues with the Fat Daddy locking out if my trigger pull wasn't perfect. It's easy to make contact with the corner of the extra wide flat face prior to the safety dingus when going (trying) fast.

Add a Glock striker spring, Glock/Cajun/Sprinco safety plunger spring, Glock guide rod/recoil spring, Sprinco trigger return spring (or SS split ring) and the TF brass parts to further improve the shooting experience.

Thanks. I bought the SFX used with Fat Daddy installed. The previous owner hacked the dingus and is non-functioning, that is probably why.

I two Canik TP9SFx. One with a Racer style and one with the Champion style. Personally I can’t tell a difference between the two. I like them both and they are a great trigger the the Canik. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i just got my 2nd canik and installed the "zombie" Freedomsmith trigger.  The install is not that hard, there are a couple of videos out there.  Frank Xu did the original and he did a complete tear-down to get it installed.  I followed the one below and it was easier... doesn't require a complete breakdown only only need to remove 3 pins.

• 2 weeks later...