Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Price gouging extraordinair

jejb

XXXXXXXXX has Federal #100 SP primers in stock. For $280 a thousand! I called and confirmed. I get stepping on the price a little, but almost 6 times MSRP? I hope stores like this suffer through some well deserved bad karma when things get back to normal.

Edited to delete company name as per guidelines.

Agreed. It's one thing when sellers list for $50 on gunbroker and the bidding takes the final price that high; it's another thing when an operation takes their $20 wholesale product and sells it for $280 retail...an acceptable business practice, sure, but they will NEVER get a single dime from me going forward. Ever.

wow.

not only did I not know retail was 45,

I also didn't know I got a discount when i bought them a couple of years ago...

I have not purchased from XXXXXXXXX that I know about.

so my threat to avoid them is a little hollow and I will avoid them.

I will point out that instead of selling by lottery or such like,

they are skipping all that luck based bogosity and

selling at a price point that will keep the items in stock...

... don't buy?

miranda

Edited by ima45dv8
company name removed

I also have a list of scalpers from this shortage and the last.  I will not buy anything from them again.  I know this because other firms did not raise their prices when new stock rolled in.

9 minutes ago, zzt said:

I also have a list of scalpers from this shortage and the last.  I will not buy anything from them again.  I know this because other firms did not raise their prices when new stock rolled in.

If I could legally ship hazmat, I’d be unloading 10k primers onto panic buyers as we speak, for every penny possible.

My foresight in purchasing a large inventory should absolutely be rewarded by paying off the remainder of my auto loan. 😂

(Yes, I know you were talking about companies and not individuals. Just cracking a joke somewhat tangential to what you were saying.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

16 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

My foresight in purchasing a large inventory

lol.  You call that a large inventory.  Geez!  I'm DOWN to 10k SP and I'm sweating it.  Once this is over my new normal will be when I get down to 20k of any primer I'll order 20k more.  This is where I would normally be ordering another 15k, but I cannot find them, except for in Canada but they wont ship here.

2 minutes ago, zzt said:

lol.  You call that a large inventory.  Geez!  I'm DOWN to 10k SP and I'm sweating it.  Once this is over my new normal will be when I get down to 20k of any primer I'll order 20k more.  This is where I would normally be ordering another 15k, but I cannot find them, except for in Canada but they wont ship here.

10k is what I’m willing to part with, which is... substantially less than my total supply. ;)

24 minutes ago, Silver_Surfer said:

Supply & Demand, it happen before it will happen again. 

I am in South Florida. If a seller raised the price of gas or water 300 or 400% after or during a Hurricane.... it would be price gouging.

There are laws in place.

But, if a person has a 38 and needs ammo for personal defense with Covid going on.

That becomes Supply and Demand?

Not in my view.

Edited by p7fl
typo

5 minutes ago, p7fl said:

I am in South Florida. If a seller raised the price of gas or water 300 or 400% after or during a Hurricane.... it would be price gouging.

There are laws in place.

But, if a person has a 38 and needs ammo for personal defense with Covid going on.

Not in my view.

You can’t buy gasoline or perishable food well in advance of a hurricane.

If you didn’t see the current shortage coming several years ago - they tend to follow a set 4 or 8 year cycle - then you didn’t learn from the events of 2008 very well.

We both know that Covid isn’t the *main* reason for the sudden dire urgency behind everyone trying to buy ammo and every kind firearm.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 minute ago, p7fl said:

There are laws in place.

No in my view.

While that be true it is still done. The reason so many plan for the worst and hope for the best. 

I thought this primer thing was because of Covid?😏

1 minute ago, MemphisMechanic said:

You can’t buy gasoline or perishable food well in advance of a hurricane.

If you didn’t see the current shortage coming several years ago - they tend to follow a set 4 or 8 year cycle - then you didn’t learn from the events of 2008 very well...

I am ammo good training and competing thru 2021, but, we are talking about gouging not planning.

I don't have enough gas in my Jeep to last thru next weekend.