Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

who has the most "pointed" 124 coated.

cnote

Bayou bullets. I just got some 124’s rn, with the lube groove. I have a Faxon Glock barrel that would not let me load over 1.060 with most round nose coated, and not over 1.085 with most jhp, an tc bullets. The Bayous I can load to 1.145.

I agree r.e. Bayou with lube groove, but they have been discontinued.  The new profile has a long driving band and must be loaded shorter in some firearms.  You might give the BBI 125gr bullets a try.

Agree, the Bayou with lube groove.  

It's nose is rather long and pointed but more importantly, it has a bit of a shoulder to the bearing surface.  The nose is only .340" ahead of that shoulder to .357".  I treat it like a semiwadcutter with just a little of the shoulder above the case mouth.  If you have a really short throat, you wouldn't have to show any shoulder and still have a respectable OAL.

I got an order of blunt ungrooved bullets and asked what was going on.  Dennis replied that the mold vendor said they would be more accurate and that they were in his gun.

But my last two cases in the Covid backlog era were back to the grooved pattern.  Old stock or back to basics?  I don't know.

12 hours ago, HesedTech said:

?

I load them at 1.14 for CZ Shadow 2 and the P-01, and both are stock barrels. Same with multiple Tanfoglio’s (my son shoots CZ I the TF). The RN all load around 1.08 or less.

completely believe you,,, and manufactures specs change over time, mine are ten years old plus, and perhaps they started throating the chamber deeper as this was always a problem with cz barrels,

do they pass the plunk and fall test as mine do not with the precision at 1.08ish

Edited by cnote

16 hours ago, AzDanMan said:

DG Bullets sells a 125 CN BB NLG bullet. I know you asked for 124 but just thought I would put this out there.

DG Bullets CN BB NLG.jpeg

this was a thought as all TC bullets may solve the problem, but i have never used them