Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate safety not tight enough

Lhosted

On 8/12/2020 at 4:44 PM, George16 said:

Buy some DS Perman springs and install it. I have one each on my TSO and Czechmate.

http://dsperman.com/products/CZSpring/CZSpring.html

Tried them, but I was told that they do not ship to Canada :( .  I don't get it why some companies in the US ship to Canada, and others flat out refuse. Too bad, looks like an ideal solution.

Edited by abb1

2 hours ago, abb1 said:

Tried them, but I was told that they do not ship to Canada :( .  I don't get it why some companies in the US ship to Canada, and others flat out refuse. Too bad, looks like an ideal solution.

That sucks. Sorry about that. 

4 hours ago, muncie21 said:

Some people use the CZC extended safety, which has more of a 'rocker switch' action.  Instead of putting your thumb under the safety to engage, you push down on the rear of the safety.

10226_3_.jpg

I definitely prefer the CZC extended safety over the original. I used to occasionally lose contact with the little nub on the factory safety and bump it up with my support hand just enough to prevent firing, but I have not had that happen since switching to the CZC one since it allows much more contact with my strong hand thumb.

23 hours ago, abb1 said:

Do you have a friend in the States that could order them and then send them to you?  It's not like they are a controlled item or require any government approval.

On 8/21/2020 at 5:55 PM, SteelCityShooter said:

Do you have a friend in the States that could order them and then send them to you?  It's not like they are a controlled item or require any government approval.

No, unfortunately I do not. These are just springs that can be used in multiple devices, including watches. There are no laws preventing them being shipped to Canada. Oh well, hopefully when the border opens up again, and I can shoot some USPSA matches, maybe I can see about getting them. I doubt it will be this year though :(. Sucks!