Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Space City Challenge 2006

Nice video Sharyn! Sorry I barely spoke to you at the match, I was a little tired and frustrated by the time I got to Stage 1. Not too sociable by then.

Good shooting with Jamie and B. J. as well as all the others on squad 4.

Thanks everyone !

Al

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot on Sunday with XRe, Matt Burkett, Steve Dennis, and a bunch of other really nice guys on Squad 10. The RO's did a great job of moving us along fast enough to shoot 8 stages in about 4 hours. The stages were all interesting. The big dogs on our squad went out of their way to help the less fortunate. All in all, a great experience!

Sean... "less fortunate"... :D You seemed to do pretty well on your own, man :) Was good to shoot w/ you - keep up the hard work and it'll come quickly.

If you saw the guy w/ the "big white lens" wandering around on Saturday, that was me :) The results are up on this page...

Dave - I don't feel too bad bringing up the rear of a squad which had the 3rd, 6th, and 19th finishers in Open. But you and Matt and Steve did a great job of sharing the wealth. During the Conga Line on Stage 4, Matt went out of his way to ask me if I needed any pointers. Y'all made me feel right at home!

The 6 man squad thing was interesting - in a way, I wish it was more like 8 or 10. I didn't get to see much of anyone else shoot, between doing my thing, and driving Matt's camera for his runs. Hopefully I'll get to see more of you next time :)

Xre, Gengis,

It was a great day of shooting with both of you and the rest of our squad.

The match this year was VERY well run, with great stages and the best RO's I have shot with in my 3 years of USPSA. Great Job!

I hope my 1st D Limited and 1st D overall supported the Super Squad in some small way...

B)

Best regards,

B

Edited by Brazos

Xre, Gengis,

It was a great day of shooting with both of you and the rest of our squad.

The match this year was VERY well run, with great stages and the best RO's I have shot with in my 3 years of USPSA. Great Job!

I hope my 1st D Limited and 1st D overall supported the Super Squad in some small way...

B)

Best regards,

B

Brazos, good shooting with you. Congrats on 1st D. I was second U Open out of seven. Number One U Open finished fourth overall, with 90.58%. He won't be U for long.

Thanks to all the staff for a great match...thanks to my carpool and squad buddies for helping me get through the day with out leaving a lung lying on the range. Congrats to all the winners!

Way to go, Kevin :) I didn't realize you'd gotten 1st D - guess I wasn't paying attention. Shooting a C class score against GMs is a great accomplishment - look to be moving up soon, at that rate! :D

Ok last nights post was after the 14 hr. drive home so it was short.

Tom Neal, Great match you did great. be proud!

The "Austin Squad" minus a few ;)(XRE) You guys were great and very fun to shoot with.

Sharyn, great job shooting then even better on the "Dinner"! ....and good seeing you again! :)

Most of you are just getting to find out about Shannon, I had the pleasure of shooting the 2004 Nationals with him......Not only can he shoot OK, He's a class act too!

Good going Smitty!

Rob Johnson.........Watch this GUY!!!!! :ph34r:

To all the other BE,rs (to many to list now) good to see you folks, this is a great group of people.

Mark Self....... :D

I myself just could not get in the groove, this match as I was shooting felt like 3 years ago when I just had made "C" class. Nothing felt right until the last stage or two....may be the long ride I don't know. Something I have to figure out.

Oh yeah, My buddies Renee Tyson and Mike Thomas....

Renee, shot a clean match on Friday and did it while helping do the Range officer duties.

My compliments Renee! :)

Mike Thomas, not many of you know him. He is from the Nashville area and is a wolf in sheeps clothing...Great Job Mike...Congrats!

To everyone else, I hope you had as much fun as I did......A MAJOR thing in my book now. ;)

Hopalong

Edit to add: With all the late entries, the predictions were shot to Hell. :wacko::wacko::wacko: (but I did get two of them)

Edited by hopalong

I would like to THANK the RO's and the Match Organizers. The match went pretty much flawless (except for the light rain delay :D )

Congradulations to the winners.

Looking forward to next year match.

i would like to thank matthew, howard, ben, gary and phil in squad 18 for making my first major an awesome experience. you guys made it fun. thanks to matthew for putting up with so many questions and giving me pointers. its the only time i have smiled after having my tail so thoroughly kicked. nice to meet marks, chet, xre, and a ton of other people i have forgotten due to a heavy dose of allergy medication. hope to see all of you in the near future.

Great match! It keeps getting better each year. Congrats to the staff and to everyone who got rained on, mud on, bug-bitten (oh, wait, that's just me), and everybody who worked so hard to make this match possible.

Dave, I still need 0.49% to make M...I'm pretty happy where I am right now :lol:

I didn't have to work, I was shooting, I was surrounded by great people. Can't get any better than that!

Great match. The staff did a great job of making things run smoothly even with the bad weather. Scores were up each night too. Unless someone has a weather control device I can't think of anything to suggest for next year.

Squad 8 was great, met a lot of BE'ers and had a good time. I learned a lot shooting my first major match in Open division. Couldn't ask for more.

Dave, nice pictures! You know how to run that camera for sure.

Hope to see you all again soon,

-Vincent

I have to give a big thanks to the "Cop Squad" for a letting a non-LEO, me, shoot with them :P It's always fun to shoot with those guys.

I was runnig the video camera for a friend Sunday, and Matthew Mink was in his squad. Really nice guy, as is Manny Bragg. Looking forward to his class later this month.

The great RO's and staff made for a great match, and I'm looking forward to next year.

The rundown:

Open - BJ Norris

Limited - David Weers

Limited-10 - Tony Phan

Production - Matt Mink

Revolver - Jerry Miculek

SSD - Shannon Smith

Don't forget Kenneth Agustin, he was 1st Unclassified and fourth overall.

Edited by CenTX

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus: Great match!

Saturday was another Challenge at Space City and all you guys that shot on Friday and Sunday missed the fun of Kayaking & Gunning! The Lubbock bunch had an especially good time since we seldom see so much water!

Looks like Juniors and Ladies Rule since both did so well here. I had the pleasure of shooting with juniors John Tippit IV and Michael Tippit and their Dad, John Tippit. It was a real treat to watch the way they worked together. Well done!

See you next year,

David C

Edited by geezer-lock

Don't forget Kenneth Agustin, he was 1st Unclassified and fourth overall.

So Kenneth did well after all B)

CenTX is there a link where one can view all results? TIA :)

Light Rain

- In Houston, that means rain with a light and sound show. (Bryan and Robert found a wooden building to hole up in until it was over.)

Scores posting every night

- Debbie and I moved to Alvin for the match. The normal range computer died in the move from the stat shack to the "Blue Building". Debbie used my home computer for score keeping. Each night, I backed up the scores, broke the computer down and set it up in our hotel room.

That was a bit of work.

The range is working toward having high speed internet access at the range. Next year, I'd like to have a computer setup to surf the scores (and maybe the weather) for the shooters and publish the scores a couple of times a day (maybe every time stats catches up)

EzWinScore Data entry

- I won't say Debbie is fast but, she was so bored that she sorted and filed the score sheets to kill time. We've been married 26 years and I still think I got the best end of that deal.

I have been working SCC since 1998. This was the best one yet and I still see room for improvement.

I don't think there were enough RO's. Next year, I am going to hold out for 5 per stage. With one RO responsible for setting all the movers and making sure the targets are taped. Some of my RO's were completly used up by the end of Saturday.

The food was great but, I would like to have had breakfast and coffie available.

AND, as match director,

I would like the food to be more turn key than it was.

We had to have our folks working on it.

I forgot to get radios from Area 4. Oops.

I forgot the RO meeting and the shooters meeting until Sunday. Oops again.

The plate rack was an ok filler stage, but I won't use it again.

On the other hand. The plate racks were already set up in that bay.

We have stored the bridge in a hole on the other side of the berm. We plan to cover it with dirt to keep it from getting damaged.