Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Space City Challenge 2006

The 2006 Space City Challenge will be Hosted by Bay Area Practical Shooters on 4/28/2006 through 4/30/2006.

The PSC range is the same one we have used for years. It is in the city of Friendswood about 30 minutes South of downtown Houston.

Match Fee is $100

Random Prize table

Eight (8) Stages all shot in one day. The RO's and some shooters will shoot on Friday. Everyone else will shoot on Saturday. (We have Sunday reserved just in case.)

For those that have shot with us before, we now have eight (8) bays in the back. The guys with the track hoe have been busy.

Last year this match sold out on January 10th. Get your applications in early.

We will be using the USPSA Self squading page. Watch the internet for the date we start squading.

www.texassouthsection.com

www.texassouthsection.com/SCC_2006/ssc_2006.htm

See you at the range

Tom Neal L2362

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st timer from Oregon.

I'm working and shooting. Apps sent, tickets paid for, vacation time approved.

My wife wanted me to come with her to visit her family which I've put off for 2 years. Work is a convenient excuse.

:P

But when I saw space city match nearby, I felt more inclined to visit my relatives....... B)

I picked up a Space City entry on the TX Limited prize table. I had wanted to go the past 2 years so I was happy to get the entry. Mailed it off yesterday.

What can anyone tell me about motels, places to eat, best way to get to the range, things to do, etc?

I've seen the motels listed on the web page, but would like some feedback (nicest, cheapest, best value).

Will the stages be posted this year?

I'm really looking forward to this match. :)

Plenty of places to eat & shop here: http://www.cityofwebster.com/index.asp?NID=319.

I'm do not know about the hotels listed on the match website since I do not live an Alvin.

There are plenty of fine hotels including the famous Nassau Bay Hilton (right on the water).

Kemah (about 20 min. east of the range) also has many fine seafood restaurant in the Kemah Board Walk.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Self Squading

oops

I am running behind schedule.

Work has actualy interfered with play a little.

I will update the date later today.

and

I hope to load all the shooters in as well.

Originaly I planned to run just the RO's on Friday and all the shooters on Saturday. At this point we are going to add some regular shooters to the Friday RO squads and we are going to run some 6 man squads to shoot all 8 stages on Sunday morning.

This will add a lot of shooters to the match without keeping any single shooter there longer than needed.

Looking forward to coming back home and first time at Space City.

Is there a check in time frame on Friday? Awards on Sunday? Just trying to plan the trip so I get more time at the match than visting lots of relatives, if you know what I mean.

Look forward to meeting new friends, pretending I can shoot, and eating decent Mexican food.

I have caught up. Thanks to all for your patients.

Instead of cutting off registration for the match, we have expanded the shooting schedule. We have added Friday and 1/2 day Sunday. Sunday's squads are small and with a lot of help, they should finish the match in 1/2 day. Friday's squads will be shooting with the RO's. No mater which day you choose, you will shoot the entire match in one day.

Prize table will be a bucket raffle. (You don't have to be present to win but you are limited to one prize.)

I wanted to give everyone notice about the Self-Service Squadding so, it doesn't start until :Friday February 17, 2006

See you at the range

Tom

Instead of cutting off registration for the match, we have expanded the shooting schedule. We have added Friday and 1/2 day Sunday. Sunday's squads are small and with a lot of help, they should finish the match in 1/2 day. Friday's squads will be shooting with the RO's. No mater which day you choose, you will shoot the entire match in one day.

Prize table will be a bucket raffle. (You don't have to be present to win but you are limited to one prize.)

What's a "bucket raffle"? Does it involve a "prize table"?

I, myself, certainly don't compete for the chance to win any merchandise, but I'm wondering how many Friday and Saturday competitors would return to the range on Sunday afternoon to walk the table (if there is one).

I'm not criticizing the format in any way, it's just that a lot of us have never seen this approach and wondering how this all works (single day squads and awards/prize distribution).

Looking forward to the match! B)

-Chet

Its not my match but a= Bucket Raffel is very a good for the shooters and contributers it is used in a lot of charity shot gun shoots. the prise is displayed on a tabel with the name of the contributer with it. = the Shooters gets to see all the prize items and who the contributers to the shooting event all on display. when you are finished shooting you get tickets. 1 to 20 depending on how they want to do it. So lets say you get ten tickets you can put all ten in one bucket to increas your odds or put one ticket in ten buckets.

At some shoots you could get lucky and win ten times at some shoots you only get to win one time.

it is good because it gives exsposure to the product, the prize table and the contributer.

At some shoots you get more tickets for a high score and some times you can buy extra tickets to help the charity.

the entire thing makes the prizes a fun lottery kind of thing and keeps the shooters on site for the awards.

The houston club could send the prize tag with the prize so the shooter reciving it would know who to send a thank you note to. = like if shooters connection gave some dawson base pads = the thank you note the shooter sends would be to Shooters Connection.

Just one of my ways of saying we as shooters should be sending thank you notes.

So the tickets are placed in the buckets on Friday, Saturday and Sunday? That sounds great.

And the drawings are then done sometime after the match on Sunday? Cool.

Awards are distributed at some time after the bucket drawings? Neat.

Ok, I think I've got the big picture now. B)

-Chet