Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Connector Opinions

horhey232

Some of you guys may be following my USPSA Production Glock 34 in another thread but I thought I would make a thread on people being able to voice their opinions on what connectors they run since there are SOOOO many available on the market. Please limit your review to a connector you actually have run and have an opinion on (either positive or negative). 

I have been running a factory 34 connector or how the factory calls it a "minus" connector in a Gen 3 and personally like it but I am wondering if the grass is greener on the other side.

I have tried so many that I won’t name them all here, but I keep coming back to either the minus, or TTI. I think the TTI is a minus with a Taran’s coating. I tried sketching them out on a piece of paper and I think they are the exact same angles. When installed in the gun the Taran feels just a little smoother, but breaks a little later. The Glock plus is really nice if you like a wall that is not as firm as the stock 5 lb.

I've found connector feel is not consistent from gun to gun and also varies in different generations. A connector that feels great in one Glock doesn't also feel good in another. With a new Glock I'll usually try a few different types of connectors until I get feel I want in that particular gun.