Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Meguiar's Car Polish

CSEMARTIN

I have been using Nu Finish "The Once a Year Car Polish" to tumble my brass after reading a post on this forum. It has worked great, but I ran out. I decided to see what I had laying around in the garage and found a bottle of Meguiar's Deep Crystal Deep Gloss Polish. It comes in a 16 ounce bottle for about five bucks at Auto Zone. The results were pretty incredible.

I'll have to try some of that Meguirs stuff. I currently use white rice. Its done a good job and its cheap.

White rice, cool.

Someone told me to get pet bedding (crushed walnut hulls) from PetSmart, etc., and it has worked very well for the price.

Just curious, do you add anything to the rice? How often do you change it?

Thanks,

John

Edited by iainmcphersn

I guess I am really old school (not infringing on the name) because I tumble first with walnut shells (Petsmart) to get off the magic marker I use to identify my brass then switch to corn cob (Petsmart) with the Nu Finish. Nu Finish is cheaper at Wallyworld than Meguiar's.

So does it work better than the Nu Finish?

Neal in AZ

I have been using Nu Finish "The Once a Year Car Polish" to tumble my brass after reading a post on this forum.  It has worked great, but I ran out.  I decided to see what I had laying around in the garage and found a bottle of Meguiar's Deep Crystal Deep Gloss Polish.  It comes in a 16 ounce bottle for about five bucks at Auto Zone.  The results were pretty incredible.

I'll have to try some of that Meguirs stuff. I currently use white rice. Its done a good job and its cheap.

I'm intrigued. Plain ole white rice that you buy in 50 lb bags at costco? Then you add some liquid car wax?

How long does it last?

I'm intrigued. Plain ole white rice that you buy in 50 lb bags at costco? Then you add some liquid car wax?

How long does it last?

Yup, how about that!

Have to scroll down a few pages to here:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19211

Steve ..