Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Julie Shooting Open?

TruStreet

I read (heard) That Julie had in fact shot Open At the recent Speed Shooting Championship (Steel Challenge). I wondered who's pistol she had used.

I found out it was none other than our own John Nagel's (AKA Mad Scientist). I went to his new website to check out all his goodies. Its pretty cool. :D

GlockJocky

Edited by TruStreet

John does good work. He just built me a 24 Limited gun that is tight as can be. I am eyeing one of those open guns myself. The mount for the C-More is clean and looks great. Picture of Limited gun below.

P1010761.jpg

Edited by awleland

There was a photo recently (within the past year, maybe) that showed Julie shooting an Open G34 with what looked like a Carver mounted C-More.

Might this be the same gun?

I don't Think So! His web site said that the gun was built in Sept of this year.

It was built on a 3rd gen G17 frame. Check out his site.

This is the open glock she had at ladies camp in April this year. Hopefully she doesn't mind me posting this picture. She was having some problems keeping the scope running. This may be the gun you saw SRT Driver...

post-4300-1129350473_thumb.jpg

Edited by carinab

Last year, I believe she was shooting either a 9x21 or 9x23 (can't remember) with a Carver mounted C More, KKM barrel and comp. There were pictures in Front Sight Magazine.

Itchy

It's on page 8 of the Nov/Dec 2004 issue in the Babes, Brats and Ol'Pharts match report.

It's a C-More on a Carver mount with a Taylor 170mm big stick. The caption reads 9x19 Open Glock.

This is the open glock she had at ladies camp in April this year.  Hopefully she doesn't mind me posting this picture.  She was having some problems keeping the scope running.  This may be the gun you saw SRT Driver...

post-4300-1129350473_thumb.jpg

I wonder who did the race cuts in the slide on that one? They look pretty sharp!!

My wife is at Girls camp (Babes with Bullets) and read the article where Juile shot an Open Glock, Now she wants one!

Anyone know what John's Open Glocks cost?

TIA

Manny

Talk to Steave Breeding at S&J Customs.

(770)-843-9311

Thanks STI Gunner, I called, it looks like they are moving into their new shop this week!

Hi there!

Just wanted to clear some things up with evolution of my Open GLOCKs.

I started out with a G34 in 9x21 with some lightning cuts done by some of my old Army buddies. THANKS guys!!! The original plan was to use a Carver Mount (and I competed with it on the Area 3 match). Its a great mount but I was having some significant ejection problems with that set up and since I shoot mostly iron sight divisions, I decided to give Doctor Optic a try after talking with TGO at the Steel Challenge in '04. The modifications are all aftermarket and were not completed at the factory despite what some may think.

The picture Carinab posted from ladies camp was of the same G34, but with the Doctor. I had hoped to shoot this gun a bit more but had some trouble finding a sight. By the time Ladies Camp rolled around, I had hope to play with it a bit, but needed to focus on Production & Limited. Charlie Vanek put a really, really nice trigger in it and I like it alot but haven't had a chance to shoot it.

I used one of John Nagel's guns at the Challenge this year. Its set up for steel and I had a couple of days to play with it before I left. Plus, John made it run with our Atlanta Arms & Ammo load so I could shoot all the same ammo in both Limited and Open. No brainer really... Light gun that runs 100% and with my factory ammo. Very cool!

Everyone has been so supportive of my little Open GLOCK project. Switching from stock to racing gear sure is fun. I hope to break out the G34 with the Doctor here in the off season at some point too...

Thanks and all the best!!!

julie

i finaly got my computer fixed yesterday. Cool pics and posts. That gun has an interesting story . i call it the 3 day marathon No presure right. started on friday and finished it on a sunday and gave it over on monday

It left on tuesday to the SC J- go did an awsome job on sat from start to match in 7 days . I hope I never have to put one together in that time frame again

Johnnie

Well my wife got back from Girls Camp (Babes With Bullets),

all excited & eager to start shooting her new Open Gun that we ordered from John.

It might be the 1st. One out of his new Shop. :D

Hey John IS IT READY YET?