Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Complete! Waiting for delivery

jschroep

1 hour ago, LuvDog said:

I didn’t even know they made a razor version.  I’ve run the Venom on my CO setup and it’s worked fine 

i have a venom, and ive sent it back no less than 5 times to razor to fix.  they fix it for free, but its a pain to ship it off and be down for a week each time

11 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

i have a venom, and ive sent it back no less than 5 times to razor to fix.  they fix it for free, but its a pain to ship it off and be down for a week each time

I guess what I'm getting at here is the Razor is Vortex's top of the line red dot and $150 more than the Venom/Viper.

I'm assuming (blindly) that it's better in some form.  I say blindly assuming, because I really don't know much about it.  It seems to be a different design since it has a side loading battery tray.

3 hours ago, LuvDog said:

I guess what I'm getting at here is the Razor is Vortex's top of the line red dot and $150 more than the Venom/Viper.

I'm assuming (blindly) that it's better in some form.  I say blindly assuming, because I really don't know much about it.  It seems to be a different design since it has a side loading battery tray.

Everything razer makes is designed to break. Thats why their warrenty is so good. 

Rumor has it the the Razor and RTS2 are the same optic, just different names and button placement. They both have the same foot print. I have a Razor on my Ruger PCC and it is mounted on the barrel so it gets HOT and a bit mor beat up then being receiver mounted. 

Lots of rounds through it and so far no issues. I would run it till it quits.

Have fun with the new rig.

On 5/22/2020 at 10:35 AM, jschroep said:

Going with what they recommended. MG 124 JHP with N340. Have some autocomp I could try but we will see. 

I’m surprised they recommend 340. Is this a MAJOR gun?9 or 38?

9 major. Would you go with something other than 340? 

This was the autocomp load.

124gr Berrys Bullets 9mm Hollow Base Heavy Plate
7.0 gr Winchester Autocomp
Mixed Once Fired 9mm Brass
Oal Range 1.145” - 1.155”
Winchester Small Rifle Primers

124gr Montana Gold JHP .355
6.9 gr Vihta Vuori N340
Nickel Plated Once Fired 9mm Brass
Oal Range 1.145” - 1.155”
Winchester Small Rifle Primers

that was the load they said worked good for them. They also mentioned autocomp which I have a lb of. I figured I'll try these at 1.155 and start around 6.0 gr and work up in .1 increments. Id imagine I could put the MG 124 JHP on top of autocomp without too much trouble. I looked into the burn rates and it seems that N340 is faster than autocomp. For 9 major you want a slower burning powder right?

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

I’m surprised they recommend 340. Is this a MAJOR gun?9 or 38?

I guess I figured they'd know what works in their guns but I'm definitely open to suggestions. Want to be extra careful in developing loads so I'm sure I'll post my progress on load development.

Edited by jschroep

1 hour ago, Rugbyrat said:

Funky looking. I love it. Here's hoping it shoots all A's for you. Can't wait to get one someday...

Shoot A's quick. Newer to USPSA but had the opportunity to get one of these. Figure I can take a couple months to learn it and get up to speed. Hoping to take some clinics with an upper level GM pretty soon here.