Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip safety issue


ad5md
 Share

Recommended Posts

I changed the trigger assembly on my Bul Armory SAS Ultralight into a modular one and now the grip safety won't work, hammer drops even if I don't activate the grip safety.  Is it rear part of the bow which is the problem? Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ad5md said:

I changed the trigger assembly on my Bul Armory SAS Ultralight into a modular one and now the grip safety won't work, hammer drops even if I don't activate the grip safety.  Is it rear part of the bow which is the problem? Thanks

likely the trigger bow is not moving far enough forward to allow the grip safety to rest and the arm is sitting on top of the bow, you will likely need to do some fitting on the grip safety to get things working properly again, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ad5md said:

I changed the trigger assembly on my Bul Armory SAS Ultralight into a modular one and now the grip safety won't work, hammer drops even if I don't activate the grip safety.  Is it rear part of the bow which is the problem? Thanks

 which  brand this trigger assembly? 

Edited by yigal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 I would say it is from Bum Armory since I got the pistol from a dealer.

 

I am thinking too that either the trigger bow is not moving far enough for the trip safety hook to rest on it or, the height of the trigger bow is low in dimension.  If it was the 1st scenario, I wonder it there is another way to fix it instead of working on the grip safety itself.  Otherwise I guess I will have to replace it.  If I do, I'm looking at the X-Vario one. Any other brands you guys can suggest. Thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ad5md said:

 I would say it is from Bum Armory since I got the pistol from a dealer.

 

I am thinking too that either the trigger bow is not moving far enough for the trip safety hook to rest on it or, the height of the trigger bow is low in dimension.  If it was the 1st scenario, I wonder it there is another way to fix it instead of working on the grip safety itself.  Otherwise I guess I will have to replace it.  If I do, I'm looking at the X-Vario one. Any other brands you guys can suggest. Thank you 

if you don't feel comfortable working on the grip safety then you should probably find a smith to have do the work for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MikeBurgess said:

if you don't feel comfortable working on the grip safety then you should probably find a smith to have do the work for you. 

eh, you learn by tinkering.  i realize this is literally a 'safety' issue, but it's easy enough to test the various safeties to ensure they're all working after the tinkering is done.  plus, at least some folks pin their grip safeties and rely on the thumb safety.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, davsco said:

eh, you learn by tinkering.  i realize this is literally a 'safety' issue, but it's easy enough to test the various safeties to ensure they're all working after the tinkering is done.  plus, at least some folks pin their grip safeties and rely on the thumb safety.

I completely understand learning by doing, but the OP seems to be looking for a "drop in" solution to his parts need fitted problem, thus my comment. 

 

Working on 19/2011s means you will be fitting parts, fitting parts means you are risking messing them up, if your not comfortable with that fact then send it to a professional. Personally I am a dyed in the wool do-it it your selfer, so I accept the risk every time I pick up a file or stone, luckily I have yet to get a part beyond repair but I know I will at some point.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

I completely understand learning by doing, but the OP seems to be looking for a "drop in" solution to his parts need fitted problem, thus my comment. 

 

Working on 19/2011s means you will be fitting parts, fitting parts means you are risking messing them up, if your not comfortable with that fact then send it to a professional. Personally I am a dyed in the wool do-it it your selfer, so I accept the risk every time I pick up a file or stone, luckily I have yet to get a part beyond repair but I know I will at some point.

 

If you've never totally buggered a part you have more patience than me.  I have a whole bag of mauser '93 bolt parts from when I was learning how to use a file and stone.  cheap lessons, valuable cheap lessons.  

 

But, yeah, you work on guns you assume the risk.  You pay someone, you assume the risk you hired someone who knows more than you.  the more you work, the more you know, the more expensive those people seem to get...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...