Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun Rug Big Enough For Open Gun?

rtr

+1 for the dillon bag. My previous open gun was exactly what you described, STI with a cmore. The one I Think everyone is talking about is the large bag with the handle and mag pouches on the outside. The only problem I ran into was my sidewinder slide racker wore a hole in the inner padding of the bag. This is easily fixed though.

Adam

I like the I-Shot Range Rug especially for my Open gun. Not only because it is the right size but it has those pockets to stuff with Cmore batteries. I'm new to open and I keep leaving mine on. If I had a bigger safe, I'd keep my mags in there all the time. Right now the safe is stuffed so I take them out to store the gun. The pockets are nice in that when not in use, they don't add to the size of the rug much but when you need them, they can hold a bunch (100rd MTM box in each).

Steve

+1 on the iShot Range Rug. They gave these out at the IDPA Nats a year or so ago and it has been one of the most useful "prizes" I've ever gotten.

Hey guys,

I'm glad to hear that our Range Rugs are working out well for you. It's pretty amazing that the RR was gone from a HUH? product to one of best sellers :)

The cheapest rug that I found was this one for $13.50: http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...leitemid=253282

It has a divider/pocket which fits my fullsize open gun with comp/c-more and 4 mag pockets too. It was just what I was looking for.

The Ishot bag looks good though for not that much more. I didn't know about that one.