Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optics and Mounting for a P320 X5 Legion

alien_pickles

4 hours ago, gmantwo said:

Right. Gotta decide if this is going to be a dedicated optic slide. If so I’ll just mill the slide to match the rear of the dot

You’re better off buying a plate to mount the Burris, as opposed to permanently modifying your slide to fit a low end red dot. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/27/2023 at 8:26 AM, Rich406 said:

You’re better off buying a plate to mount the Burris, as opposed to permanently modifying your slide to fit a low end red dot. 

Well, some might consider them low end however, I do not. Shooting the optics nationals a couple years ago and watching all of the people shooting Leupold DeltaPoint Pro’s firing a couple of shots and then jabbing at their button and then a couple of shots and then jabbing at their button, I’ll pass. And one of those shooters was Julie, lol. 
I have yet to find better optics than Burris, regardless of price. Not saying there aren’t those as good, but none better at near the price point.

On 1/27/2023 at 8:45 AM, WDG710 said:

CH Precision make great adapter plates - got one for my P320 Compact to mount a Holosun. Check them out.

Sadly, they don’t they don’t make one for a Burris. But others do, I just haven’t ordered one yet.

17 minutes ago, gmantwo said:

Well, some might consider them low end however, I do not. Shooting the optics nationals a couple years ago and watching all of the people shooting Leupold DeltaPoint Pro’s firing a couple of shots and then jabbing at their button and then a couple of shots and then jabbing at their button, I’ll pass. And one of those shooters was Julie, lol. 
I have yet to find better optics than Burris, regardless of price. Not saying there aren’t those as good, but none better at near the price point.

I’d be surprised to see even 1 Burris at any USPSA match. There is a reason people don’t use them. Even when the only other choice was a DPP, they still weren’t very popular. 

if it works for you, great. But there are many many better options available. 

11 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

I’d be surprised to see even 1 Burris at any USPSA match. There is a reason people don’t use them. Even when the only other choice was a DPP, they still weren’t very popular. 

if it works for you, great. But there are many many better options available. 

It does thanks, perfectly. And I have not ever worried what other people use, and have never chased the super squad in my equipment choices, as they generally shoot what they’re given. And that’s why I shoot Burris. 

On 2/3/2023 at 1:57 PM, gmantwo said:

It does thanks, perfectly. And I have not ever worried what other people use, and have never chased the super squad in my equipment choices, as they generally shoot what they’re given. And that’s why I shoot Burris. 

I wouldn’t base what I use off what the super squad uses, there is too much bias due to sponsorship deals. 

You can tell yourself whatever you want, Burris is a low end optic when it comes to USPSA. 

12 hours ago, Rich406 said:

I wouldn’t base what I use off what the super squad uses, there is too much bias due to sponsorship deals. 

You can tell yourself whatever you want, Burris is a low end optic when it comes to USPSA. 

If you haven’t tried one, then you are basing your choices on what other people use. 

12 hours ago, Rich406 said:

Sound like he’s just stubborn. 

Actually, I probably am. However, I know what works no matter the cost or who else uses it. I’ve been with Burris since the early 90s and I have not once ever had a Burris product fail whether I’m shooting USPSA, PRS, the masters, Bianchi, cup, or anything else. I am not impressed by how much something cost or who else uses it. I am impressed by Performance and if you haven’t tried a Burris fast fire on a pistol, you don’t have a dog in the hunt. Perhaps it’s you who is stubborn

Jessie, you better leave Taurus, that’s low end. 
Doug, nobody shoots Ruger in USPSA, better get something else. (Dougs son Trevor & I had the same issue with the Delta Point, we always saw 2 triangles in there. Not good)

Jalise, Stoeger? Really 

2 hours ago, gmantwo said:

Jessie, you better leave Taurus, that’s low end. 
Doug, nobody shoots Ruger in USPSA, better get something else. (Dougs son Trevor & I had the same issue with the Delta Point, we always saw 2 triangles in there. Not good)

Jalise, Stoeger? Really 

Now you’re just going off on a nonsensical rant. 

3 hours ago, gmantwo said:it. I am impressed by Performance and if you haven’t tried a Burris fast fire on a pistol, you don’t have a dog in the hunt. Perhaps it’s you who is stubborn

I’ve looked at the Burris years ago when it was on of a few limited options. Even then it wasn’t very optimal. 

The way you’re going on about how great burris is, you’d think you work for them or something equally ridiculous….

At the end of the day are own experience with products or what we observe typically shapes our perceptions of any product.  I do not like Burris optics, based on personal reasons.  For me I think the glass is too small on the Burris, to where I prefer optics where the dot has less of a chance of leaving the glass during recoil.

Does that mean anyone else should not use a certain product?  Obviously not.  

In regards to optics, none of them are perfect as we speak.  Each one has pros and cons in regards to glass size, dot size, reliability, double dot due to direct sun exposure, price.  Each person has to decide what they can and cannot live with.  I do not think there is any real correct answer in regards to optics.  I do feel some optics are not up to snuff in regards to USPSA, but it does not affect me in the least if someone else is using that optic.