Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help with a 2011 build

jabate01

I need some help. I have built my first 2011. I have gotten everything except for cutting the lower barrel lug. Is there someone who would help me cut the lug or at least let me rent their lug cutter? Or am I asking crazy questions?

2011build.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 8:44 PM, 38super said:

The links to the Kuhnhausen books are corrupted. (The link from 1911addicts is, not three link to addicts).

If someone still had a digital copy I'd love a digital, easier to take with and read in the airplane than the hard copy! (Isn't that what everyone has for light reading)

On 4/26/2020 at 6:08 PM, jabate01 said:

I need some help. I have built my first 2011. I have gotten everything except for cutting the lower barrel lug. Is there someone who would help me cut the lug or at least let me rent their lug cutter? Or am I asking crazy questions?

2011build.jpg

I can rent out some lug cutters for you.

This situation is exactly why I created my PRIMED series of bull barrels. Essentially, an EZ fit barrel with some patent pending features. Lower lugs are precut, and lockup is adjusted through fitting pads on the first upper lug. I’ve fit a few of these barrels in 30 minutes.

PRIMED Bull Barrel

Edited by RogueTactical

• 3 weeks later...

Rogue Tactical, thank you for the offer. I wish I had payed more attention and gotten your offer earlier. I have feet cut and every thing is assembled now. Thanks again for the offer.

On 5/12/2020 at 4:15 AM, RogueTactical said:

I can rent out some lug cutters for you.

This situation is exactly why I created my PRIMED series of bull barrels. Essentially, an EZ fit barrel with some patent pending features. Lower lugs are precut, and lockup is adjusted through fitting pads on the first upper lug. I’ve fit a few of these barrels in 30 minutes.

PRIMED Bull Barrel

👍