Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dry fire with sti nmagazines

a2holes

eventually, but so is loading them. Eventually feed lips get out of spec, or crack, mag catch slot widens... I mean any movement or contact would wear something out.
Eventually you will end up with some tubes that arnt 100% reliable. Mark those and use them for practice. 
At one time you could buy weighted plastic dummy mags. I have some for Para ordnance. I may have an STI around here somewheres.  Google may find you some.

Just drop them on the carpet..they will be fine.  Large gravel and rough concrete are the only surfaces that really make  me grimace, but on the clock you need to do what you need to do.  Carpeting is cushy compared to what you will eventually drop them on.

Edited by Yeti

On 4/22/2020 at 7:40 AM, Joe4d said:

eventually, but so is loading them. Eventually feed lips get out of spec, or crack, mag catch slot widens... I mean any movement or contact would wear something out.
Eventually you will end up with some tubes that arnt 100% reliable. Mark those and use them for practice. 
At one time you could buy weighted plastic dummy mags. I have some for Para ordnance. I may have an STI around here somewheres.  Google may find you some.

Repeated since there's not a like button. 👍