Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun Belt and Gear Storage

AmosM223

I've been home for a couple of weeks now with nowhere to shoot, so I've been organizing all my gear. Currently my belts just sit in a pile on top of my safes. That bothers me since I'm a little OCD. So it got me thinking, how do you all store you gear? Anyone have their stuff on a special rack, thrown in a box? Lets see what you got!

I have a 5-gallon bucket with industrial hoop-side velcro running around the circumference at the top. I keep the outer belt attached to that, and mag pouches, shell caddies, etc. go in the bucket. Bucket sits in the closet when not in use, gets taken out for dry-fire, and rides in my cart during matches. It could probably stand to be more organized... but given that I mostly shoot 3-gun and all that stuff is on ELS mounts and gets swapped around frequently over the course of a match, good organization is probably not going to happen.

1 hour ago, Steve133 said:

I have a 5-gallon bucket with industrial hoop-side velcro running around the circumference at the top. I keep the outer belt attached to that, and mag pouches, shell caddies, etc. go in the bucket. Bucket sits in the closet when not in use, gets taken out for dry-fire, and rides in my cart during matches. It could probably stand to be more organized... but given that I mostly shoot 3-gun and all that stuff is on ELS mounts and gets swapped around frequently over the course of a match, good organization is probably not going to happen.

The bucket is genius! I'm a pipe fitter for the utility company. All of my gear and tools go right into 5 gallon buckets at work. I don't know why I didn't think of that...