Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

short distance move lateral question

parabat

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lots depends on what the targets at the point you are leaving and arriving at look like. 

Where will you be facing for your last shot? 

How hard is your last shot?

Where do you need to face for your first shot?

How hard is your first shot?

The biggest time in short movement is leaving and shooting sooner, so look at what you need to do at each location and let that drive how you leave and arrive, whatever you do in the middle means almost nothing.  

Edited by MikeBurgess

On 5/13/2020 at 11:14 AM, MikeBurgess said:

The biggest time in short movement is leaving and shooting sooner, so look at what you need to do at each location and let that drive how you leave and arrive, whatever you do in the middle means almost nothing.  

I concur. actual movement speed is not that important as long as you're at least trying to move.

my recommendation to the op is set up two targets so you have to move 8' or between them, then try different things and see what gets you between shots the quickest.

• 2 months later...

Yep, it's a two fold problem.  First is to move your feet and body correctly.  The second is being ready to shoot.  

I agree, watching football players and other shooters is a great way to understand what's happening.  

One of my favorite shooters especially for movement is Lesgar Speedy Murdock.  

This man is an absolute legend for movement.  I was able to watch him shoot at the last A6 and the level of efficiency is insane.  Check him out on instagram and slow down his videos to see exactly what and when he is doing.  

• 1 month later...