Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flat shooting G34

Chapo

There are a lot of things you can do here to make your open glock better. Go check out DC precision LLC. Dave builds awsome open Glocks. As of now I'm running a G17 slide with a G34 barrel, four popple holes in the barrel, a three port Binary style comp. We are using a frame weight with a 2011 style optic mount. These guns run very flat for a open Glock due to the weight and popple holes. Is it a 2011 no, nor is it a tanfo, it's a open Glock its not going to be the same. As for springs I'm useing a 10 pound wolff recoil spring with a 4.5 pound striker spring. You can use these two springs to help tune your gun to you liking, just remember that your recoil spring has to over power the striker. One more thing you can try is a DPM recoil reducer ( I have not played with them yet but do plan to in the future). As for a load you should try a powder that gives more gas such as AA7 or Major Pistol powder. Both powders are very similar and give more gas to use than HS6. I'm at 10 grains of major pistol with a 124 grain DG bullet (coated bullet) at a over all length of 1.150. I have had not over pressure signs at all and this has been giving me a 175 power factor. PM me if you have any more questions.

29 minutes ago, QUATTROISKING said:

Major belongs in steel guns don’t risk a hand to try and run major, in a Glock
#1glock fanboy 

ipsc_quattro ( Instagram) 

I've been running major for quite some time now and I know many others that are using major in their open glock for thousands upon thousands of rounds with out issue. 

just out of curiosity why do you say it's only for steel guns? Fill me in please. 

for some more info as to me, auto comp gave me pressure spikes that I didn't like at all. Some primers were good others were way flat. Bumped up to HS6 and that ran good, AA7 ran better. Than I tried major pistol, it had the same charge as AA7 in my gun and felt the same but was cleaner. Shooters world claims that major and AA7 are almost identical in burn rate and load data. 

let's face it, we are running 9major which is basically a grenade waiting to go off in your hand no matter what gun or powder we run in them. 

thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, Jamese35 said:

I've been running major for quite some time now and I know many others that are using major in their open glock for thousands upon thousands of rounds with out issue. 

just out of curiosity why do you say it's only for steel guns? Fill me in please. 

for some more info as to me, auto comp gave me pressure spikes that I didn't like at all. Some primers were good others were way flat. Bumped up to HS6 and that ran good, AA7 ran better. Than I tried major pistol, it had the same charge as AA7 in my gun and felt the same but was cleaner. Shooters world claims that major and AA7 are almost identical in burn rate and load data. 

let's face it, we are running 9major which is basically a grenade waiting to go off in your hand no matter what gun or powder we run in them. 

thanks in advance. 

The thickness of the metal in the barrel and the slide is why.
 I personally run a Glock in open, but after mountains of research have decided to stay away not only the safety/ reliability factor but in the end the lightness of the gun makes the gun recoil more than 200% more than say a heavy gun like a steel framed 2011, ipsc is shooting alphas as fast as you can and personally the benefit of major gets thrown out the window once you figure the recoil going with it in a Glock platform, you will score better and faster with a minor glock. 
I use auto comp and a ported barrel and the gun is stupid flat, which means you can double tap alphas instead of pulling regaining sight picture then pulling again. Now I still have a slide mounted reddot so my sight disappears every time I pull the trigger, but the gun is so flat it goes right back and I can pull again quickly and it sounds like a double tap. Just my personal opinion..

if you’re interested in seeing this setup run

follow quattro_ipsc

on Instagram  thanks for the listen. 

4 hours ago, QUATTROISKING said:

I personally run a Glock in open, but after mountains of research have decided to stay away not only the safety/ reliability factor but in the end the lightness of the gun makes the gun recoil more than 200% more than say a heavy gun like a steel framed 2011, ipsc is shooting alphas as fast as you can and personally the benefit of major gets thrown out the window once you figure the recoil going with it in a Glock platform, you will score better and faster with a minor glock. 
I use auto comp and a ported barrel and the gun is stupid flat, which means you can double tap alphas instead of pulling regaining sight picture then pulling again. Now I still have a slide mounted reddot so my sight disappears every time I pull the trigger, but the gun is so flat it goes right back and I can pull again quickly and it sounds like a double tap. Just my personal opinion..

follow quattro_ipsc

So your talking major power factor in a glock. My glock build is a bit different than the rest you will see on here. My gun runs 46oz. Around the same as a tanfo or cz open gun. Here are pics of the new one. It's not here yet but I'm sure itll shoot better than my older one. It has a better comp.

Resized_20200117_182133.jpg

Resized_20200117_182123.jpg

Edited by Jamese35

17 minutes ago, Jamese35 said:

So your talking major power factor in a glock. My glock build is a bit different than the rest you will see on here. My gun runs 46oz. Around the same as a tanfo or cz open gun. Here are pics of the new one. It's not here yet but I'm sure itll shoot better than my older one. It has a better comp.

Resized_20200117_182133.jpg

Did you make the grip surface?

Some sort of thread epoxied on the original surface?

2 hours ago, perttime said:

Did you make the grip surface?

Some sort of thread epoxied on the original surface?

The gun is all build by David Petta at DCPrecision LLC. The hump on the back of the grip is a polymer and epoxy mixture. While the full grip is stippled. The magwell is held by a big brass plug that goes in the back strap of the gun and retained by a bolt. 

I tried to post video but it's not letting me, it said it's to big. 

4 hours ago, Jamese35 said:

The gun is all build by David Petta at DCPrecision LLC. The hump on the back of the grip is a polymer and epoxy mixture. While the full grip is stippled. The magwell is held by a big brass plug that goes in the back strap of the gun and retained by a bolt. 

I tried to post video but it's not letting me, it said it's to big. 

You're going to need a blast shield for the Holosun with the popple holes so close to the glass. 

6 hours ago, QUATTROISKING said:

That monster looks gorgeous!! 

Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to shooting this one when I get it.

5 hours ago, regor said:

You're going to need a blast shield for the Holosun with the popple holes so close to the glass. 

That uses a TEvo 2011 optic mount. So I will be having one of their blast shiels coming as soon as they are back in stock.

1 hour ago, Fo0 said:

what kind of thread locker are y'all using for your compensators and how often do you need to reapply or does it come loose 

My comp is not threaded on the barrel. It is a slide on fit with a big set screw on the bottom and it's also pinned in place. 

1 hour ago, Fo0 said:

what kind of thread locker are y'all using for your compensators and how often do you need to reapply or does it come loose 

Hot Lock and Resbond 907TS are the only truly suitable thread lockers for comp use.

That being said, the major Glock I ran at Area 3 used a crush washer just like an AR.

I clamped the barrel to a wood table while inside the slide and torqued it to spec.  Worked perfectly.

16 hours ago, QUATTROISKING said:

I personally run a Glock in open, but after mountains of research have decided to stay away not only the safety/ reliability factor but in the end the lightness of the gun makes the gun recoil more than 200% more than say a heavy gun like a steel framed 2011, ipsc is shooting alphas as fast as you can and personally the benefit of major gets thrown out the window once you figure the recoil going with it in a Glock platform, you will score better and faster with a minor glock

follow quattro_ipsc

Incorrect information.

I went to the range today. Used the Chrono and found out that 7.4grs of HS6 produces 1397.0 fps with a power factor of 173.2. Perfect for me. Next I will reload that load and measure the recoil difference between the 11lb RSA and the 15. 

1 hour ago, Chapo said:

I went to the range today. Used the Chrono and found out that 7.4grs of HS6 produces 1397.0 fps with a power factor of 173.2. Perfect for me. Next I will reload that load and measure the recoil difference between the 11lb RSA and the 15. 

The best thing you can do for a flat shooting gun is shoot more ammo, and do some hand strengthening, most noticeable difference there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. Seems the 15lb spring shoots the flattest with proper hand positioning. Still testing the springs though. Next, Will compare the springs using the double tap method and determining bullet hit point.