Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 trigger suggestions

muncie21

Last season I was using the factory STI trigger in my 2011s.  They run fine for my level of proficiency, however I wanted to try out some different makes, if nothing else, just to kill some time since I don't shoot as much during the cold season.  

I installed an x-line trigger at the same time that I added a steel grip.  Part of the allure of using the x-line design was that the trigger shoes could be swapped out, similar to SV triggers.  However Atlas is currently showing most of their x-line shoes as being out of stock and geppert (germany) doesn't ship to individuals in the US. 

Since it doesn't appear that I can easily (at least in the short term) get additional x-line shoes, I started to look at other trigger offerings from SV, Wilson and Fusion to name a few.  Looking for feedback/suggestions on these and other 2011 trigger options

Last season I was using the factory STI trigger in my 2011s.  They run fine for my level of proficiency, however I wanted to try out some different makes, if nothing else, just to kill some time since I don't shoot as much during the cold season.  

I installed an x-line trigger at the same time that I added a steel grip.  Part of the allure of using the x-line design was that the trigger shoes could be swapped out, similar to SV triggers.  However Atlas is currently showing most of their x-line shoes as being out of stock and geppert (germany) doesn't ship to individuals in the US. 

Since it doesn't appear that I can easily (at least in the short term) get additional x-line shoes, I started to look at other trigger offerings from SV, Wilson and Fusion to name a few.  Looking for feedback/suggestions on these and other 2011 trigger options
I have vario triggers and they were too thin in the middle where the finger pad goes. I switch to SVI medium flat triggers and they are great

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Speed Shooter's Intl has a few variants and colors of the 2011 X-Line in stock, Renee is great and has been around for a long time.  Fusion IME has been inconsistent with quality so I don't care for their stuff.  Didn't know Wilson's make 2011 triggers.  The Everglades solid flat trigger comes in Long, Medium, and Short however the trigger shoe is not swappable like SVI/X-Line but I guess you can get the long and cut it exactly how you prefer.

• 2 weeks later...

in my various sti's where i didn't have improved or gunsmith-worked-over triggers, i put in the brazos trigger kits and nice improvement.  if you're talking about the actual trigger itself, mine are all stock and i haven't felt the need to look for something else.

13 hours ago, davsco said:

in my various sti's where i didn't have improved or gunsmith-worked-over triggers, i put in the brazos trigger kits and nice improvement.  if you're talking about the actual trigger itself, mine are all stock and i haven't felt the need to look for something else.

In your case would be good to "test" one of your pistols with either xline, svi, or any other trigger and see if you feel any difference.  What do you think? 

56 minutes ago, Hperea said:

In your case would be good to "test" one of your pistols with either xline, svi, or any other trigger and see if you feel any difference.  What do you think? 

i guess ignorance is bliss.  i just don't feel the need to monkey around with the actual trigger.  now on my glocks, that's a different story.

On 1/24/2020 at 9:07 AM, davsco said:

i guess ignorance is bliss.  i just don't feel the need to monkey around with the actual trigger.  now on my glocks, that's a different story.

LOL...you are absolutely right Sir...on Glocks that's a different ball game.

43 minutes ago, Hperea said:

On this topic..we all know that the trigger itself makes a difference but is not all. There is more work that needs to be done as a whole to get that “ ultimate “ trigger.

opinions ?

i use trigger with interchangeable shoe . i made 10 different shoes for this to find what form and length   is  best for me. it can be  changed  in 20 seconds.

11 hours ago, muncie21 said:

You make your own trigger shoes?  Now that's pretty damn impressive!

i tried to order  X Vario trigger from Germany and they didn't 🖕 sell me ,There was no choice but to do everything alone.😀

i have  bench lathe and mill at home ,so it's not big deal.

Edited by yigal

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for a place to pick up additional trigger shoes for the X-line triggers, as Atlas has been OOS since ~ Dec.  Might end up just switching to the SVI one, as several vendors (in addition to SVI) carry the inserts for these.