Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the Sig MPX Noctis a gen 3?

40 minutes ago, Acer2428 said:

What's the thread pattern for the brake @BC27 ?

I've heard that it is the 13.5X1mm L/H thread like the PCC model but I can NOT confirm as I have not actually changed or removed the birdcage flash hider that came on mine.

I decided to give this gun a try. Trigger came in right at 8#'s. I have a spare hiperfire 24c that I would like to drop in if it will work. I know very little about this system but here a some pics for you guys who are trying to decide

15784401967282.jpg

15784401832201.jpg

15784402104653.jpg

The bolt is similar to the PCC model. It’s a PCC model, “gen 3” as majority wants to call it. Everything looks similar to the PCC model except for the red dot, stock, trigger and muzzle device.

Im still thinking this is a model that Sig assembled exclusively for Cabela’s. This is a great deal.

I've got both a gen 2 with a ton of mods (Eclipse, ILWT 14.5, etc.) and a Gen 3 will almost no mods.  I can feel the difference between the Timney and the Eclipse, but it makes zero difference in run times.  I'm faster with the gen 3 on most USPSA courses with all double-taps and medium-range targets, and faster with the lighter gen 2 in Steel Challenge.  Very subtle, though.  Both run great.  The gen 2 has close to 20K rounds through it so got the PCC as a 'backup' and, of course, it took over as primary.  😉

At $1300 it's a good deal, but depends on how wedded you are to Hiperfire and how much you can get it for.  I got my gen 3 for $1608 from Grab a Gun last February, so new comp and trigger just about equals out that cost if you don't get the Eclipse on sale or go for a cheaper model.  Can't stand the bird cage, though it really doesn't make any performance difference.  

• 1 month later...

Appears it's got all the  same changes/upgrades as the "Gen3". Looks like a a great deal as compared to the PCC "competition" version at $1200 vs ~$1600, and cheap as that bag may be, at least it came with one, I didn't get a bag with my "competition" model. Especially if one was already planning on upgrading the trigger right off the jump anyway (the Timney that comes on the "competition" model is pretty good and certainly useable, but IMHO a Hiperfire is nicer). Plus, you'll probably be able to sell that PDW stock and red dot pretty easily to one of the legions of Timmy's that tend to make up most of the MPX buyers and get some money back to make it an even better deal.  

I'm sad I slept on that deal, hope it comes around again soon.

FWIW, I wouldn't sweat the flash-hider too much vs a comp/brake, IMHO it's debateable whether the one that comes on the "competition" model does much besides look trick being out at 16" shooting 130-150pf ammo.

Oh, and if it bugs you, you can easily tighten up the fit of the hand guard by using 1 or 2 small rubber o-rings over the "nipple" that interfaces with the receiver at the bottom of the handguard...

Edited by ck1
comp/brake/handguard o-ring trick
11 hours ago, ck1 said:

Oh, and if it bugs you, you can easily tighten up the fit of the hand guard by using 1 or 2 small rubber o-rings over the "nipple" that interfaces with the receiver at the bottom of the handguard...

I'll give that a shot. I really don't care to "upgrade" the handguard, I just really dislike the wobble. Obviously such wobble is more than cosmetic unlike the wobble between and upper and lower

On 2/20/2020 at 10:36 PM, PigSnowball said:

I'll give that a shot. I really don't care to "upgrade" the handguard, I just really dislike the wobble. Obviously such wobble is more than cosmetic unlike the wobble between and upper and lower

Yeah, I looked into upgrading the handguard, but really the new one is already pretty nice and fits me just fine. Besides, really the only one out there I liked better is the carbon fiber Isler, but it only saves ounces, and for the money, I'd rather buy ammo lol.

You can get the o-rings at Lowes for a couple bucks, 1 or 2 should tighten it up nicely.

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Az595 said:

They keep going in and out of stock at either Cabela's and BassPro.  Supposedly have one on order.  

Same here.  Went out of stock the other night, was able to order one the next morning.  We’ll see I guess.  Good thing I’m in no rush.

19 hours ago, IndyColtsFan said:

Same here.  Went out of stock the other night, was able to order one the next morning.  We’ll see I guess.  Good thing I’m in no rush.

My order was cancelled.  Spoke with them on the phone.  They have sold their inventory of this item for the season.  The website needs updating.  

If anyone gets one please let me know.