Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I know this has been beat to death, BUT Which Optic?

actionshooter

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

Is it the same footprint as the rts2?

The Sigs use the same mounting pattern but are a little longer.  So if you have a blast sheid on your mount that goes right to the front of your RTS2 it might be an issue.  And maybe I was mistaken about the RTS2 I was looking at but It seemed damn bright. 

The Sig's are definitly everything I would want in an optic though, big glass and the dot is bright enough that you would never need anything brighter.

19 minutes ago, echotango said:

Nothing I would want to shave off a $500 optic.  just buy a new mount. 

Or do what I did.. I sharpied the rts2 mount, put the sig scope on the mount and lightly screwed it down, and scribed the mount around the base of the optic... I then took the optic off and trimmed the mount up to the line (always cut on the cheaper part.)

On 3/14/2020 at 10:50 PM, AverageJoeShooting said:

im officially in the market for a new red dot for my open gun

I have an 8moa RTS2 but ill be damned if in the bright sun the dot just gets washed out....

whats brighter than an RTS2

the DPP is very bright, 
if you already have a RTS2 you can try "tuning" it, if you know someone who can deal with SMD components, replace the 33 ohm resistor with a 22 or even 15 ohm, that will drive the led harder and will get brighter
the attiny13 used to control the led can handle 40mA,  plenty to run a led 
this is a almost free mod. component costs maybe 2 cents, just be careful opening the MRD, a tiny spring and BB will fall out removing the cover.